Lumia ICON works with AT&T LTE... confirmed, picture included

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia ICON works with AT&T LTE... confirmed, picture included

If you open SIM settings in 8.1, add MMS APN appears along with Manual Internet APN/ edit internet APN and you have all the options AccessPoint has

Does this enable you to get AT&T MMS working? I might find one if it does!

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Straight Talk's website doesn't show any deals on multiple lines. Are there?

No, but my wife and I both sign up for automatic payments and they take off an extra $5 from each line. After taxes I only end up paying $47 or so for my line. It really has been worth it. I get full LTE, MMS, everything. It really is hard to believe I am literally on Verizon right now because I never thought I would be able to use the Icon on Verizon because of how expensive they are (even their prepaid plans suck). Having Verizon with 3GB of LTE is awesome for only $47. I would seriously look into it. Yea, you have to be tech savvy and do self service if anything else goes wrong, but the amount of money you save you could practically just buy a new phone from the savings if something goes wrong.

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

If you open SIM settings in 8.1, add MMS APN appears along with Manual Internet APN/ edit internet APN and you have all the options AccessPoint has

Does this enable you to get AT&T MMS working? I might find one if it does!

Theoretically, it should.
In actuality, the ICON on Developer Preview hides mms options which some other Lumias might allow.

Denim may re-enable access point among other features. Alternatively, Denim may further hinder OS functions by restricting additional functions, per Verizon's mandate. It's just unknown until the firmware releases.

What can be said as of December 31, 2014:
The Lumia ICON with Lumia Black firmware, running WP 8.1.1 DP:

is working with ATT LTE on bands 2 & 4
does not provide options to set the mms apn

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Verizon used the registry to hide it, only can change the Internet APN. I wouldn't post something that I hadn't personally tried/investigated

mjoshi123

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for this thread, looks like I may try out to buy unlocked ICON and see if that works with my current Cricket Wireless Account. Any thought ? I was looking for 930 but looks like all you can get is unlocked international version.

mjoshi123

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

In actuality, the ICON on Developer Preview hides mms options which some other Lumias might allow.

Denim may re-enable access point among other features. Alternatively, Denim may further hinder OS functions by restricting additional functions, per Verizon's mandate. It's just unknown until the firmware releases.

Quick question here (may be bit dumb) but how do you know what is LTE band ? I tried looking up Upstate NY using dashboard but could not figure out what bands AT&T was using in my county (Albany).

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well that is still better than what I used to get with crappy Sprint LTE and still paying same amount as Verizon / AT&T.
Yeah Sprint is bad in a lot of places. But what I meant was, does it make much difference whether or not an Icon gets LTE on Cricket? LTE is capped at 8Mbps anyway. What's the speed if it doesn't get LTE?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for this thread, looks like I may try out to buy unlocked ICON and see if that works with my current Cricket Wireless Account. Any thought ? I was looking for 930 but looks like all you can get is unlocked international version.

Looks like you're SOL Icon-wise

ATT uses Band 4 in Buffalo-Niagara Falls, NY-PA. That's it. The remainder of their NY spectrum is through band 17, exclusive to ATT.

Verizon phones, including the Lumia ICON, are a no-go for ATT LTE in NY State.

However, T-Mobile LTE though the ICON is a yes for many areas in NY State, including the Albany area.

Last edited:

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Sprint is bad in a lot of places. But what I meant was, does it make much difference whether or not an Icon gets LTE on Cricket? LTE is capped at 8Mbps anyway. What's the speed if it doesn't get LTE?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

4 Mbps over HSPA+
Latency on Cricket hovers between 200-300 ms. It's slower in actuality.
LTE on Cricket is really a must. It's why they are phasing out all HSPA+ phones from their current offerings. Moto G was supplanted by the LTE version. 630 by the 635. The list is ongoing.

emling21

May 20, 2014
Visit site
download nokia access point app and then goto settings towards the bottom will be access point. it will give you access to all settings. I have mms on my icon!

wustlmike19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Hey, in Miami FL, here too, I know you're on ATT's bands but have you downloaded denim yet, if so, did you get mms working?

I'm thinking of getting an icon for tmobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss