Win hd or lumia 625

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I returned the win hd today (and if you bought it online from Microsoft and expect a breezy refund or exchange from b&m think again). Anyways, the Win Hd is a very nice looking phone, and the the display looks beautiful and plays video very very well (after update). BUT , it isn't powerful enough,. For instance it can barley run candy crush (1/3rd speed). It is very laggy. Slow scrolling is extremely choppy. The touch sensitivity is horrid. Even after updates and enrolling in developers early preview, I would constantly click on a link or app when just trying to scroll up or down and it will drive you nuts. Also, good luck using dual sim function.

In contrast, he lumia 635 runs as smooth as silk and you don't accidentally click on links or launch apps while trying to scroll. It even runs candy crush full speed. Plus it has gorilla glass and you can actually buy cases for the lumia.

So, what I did was returned the win hd and got a no contract tmobile lumia 635 for $79. I walked out with a better phone plus the $100 difference in my pocket.

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
But the smaller screen and 512mb ram and its limitations don't bother you much? I was thinking about the lesser known 625 as well but having used the 1020, 920, 1520, I actually didn't see that much of a performance downgrade going to s200 (more from 1520 and for more intense games). I'm actually very comfortable and impressed with the win HD as I don't use to bother with lower end phones.

Perhaps you had a bad copy? Most of the scrolling and navigation is just fine for me... A bit less snappy but overall not that noticeable day to day.

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I've been using either an iPhone 4, 4s or iPhone 5 since 2010, so the 4.5 inch screen is actually an upgrade. The lower pixel density of the 635 is not perceptible to me. The horrid touch sensitivity and overabundance of laggy-ness on the Win HD just wasn't acceptable to me for $179 - not when I can get a quantum leap in performance (yes that's what it feels like) for $79 with a no contract 635. I had high hopes for the Win HD; I like what Blu is doing, but they missed the mark with this one. Maybe next time. The processor is pushing too many pixels - maybe combined with a cheap touch display or something. Not sure what the issue is, but choppy scrolling and the inability to run basic games at playable speeds is a deal breaker. And no, that was my second Win HD as I thought my first one was defective and got another one. However I was impressed with Win HD as to the quality of the 720 display and how well it ran HD video. It's an attractive looking phone, just not well rounded.

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh the 635... That means no led flash, front facing camera, and ambient light sensor though :sweaty:

The 535 might also be a better alternative than the win HD it looks like

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
The front facing camera is not something I ever use, not even with the iPhone. The only problem with the 535 is that it has the same snapdragon 200 as the Win hd.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Oh the 635... That means no led flash, front facing camera, and ambient light sensor though :sweaty:

The 535 might also be a better alternative than the win HD it looks like
CCompared to 535 I prefer 625.

It got LTE FFC and Flash. it performance is good. There is no known issues with the screen unlike 535. It run at 512mb of RAM and 2 core S4 prossecor

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah agreed. The s4 processors work great. Seem to perform closer to the 400 than the 200.

Is the 512mb limitation a thing? I'm guessing only some of the higher end games would really need the >512mb requirement. Most apps are fine? Always been worried coming from better equipped phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos