Lumia 1520 tempered glass!!!

nimic13

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello all!!,
So I really want to get a tempered glass protector for my 1520 but I'm not sure on a scale of 1-10 how much the lifted edges would bother me. I really just want one so I don't have to use my portfolio case 100% of the time but feel like if a drop were to happen i wouldn't be stuck paying 150 for insurance to replace it.

So question #1: has anyone bought/used/ tried the Nacodex 9h one on Amazon? I'd post link but because I'm new it won't let me haha. There's currently no Amazon reviews for it and it seems nice so just though ID ask.

#2: which one would you say lifts off the sides the "least" if any. And I don't want that goofy looking one with the cut in corners at the bottom. But also want maximum protection.

Let me know! All helpful feedback is appreciated!!

nimic13

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'd think that "touch" sensitivity would be greatly effected with another piece of glass on top of the gorilla glass.

Iv done a lot of looking up about it effecting the sensitivity to touch and have tried out other phones with the same brands of tempered glass and it has no change what so ever as far as i haven experianced so that's not my really a concern of mine.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a TG protector in place. There is no effect on touch.

It is a different brand than a Nacodex, but cut pretty much the same. The edge is approx 1/8" and doesn't bother me at all. It has never snagged, pulled or collected lint. It has never interfered with my case or vice versa. I too looked at the ones with the missing corners on the bottom portion and thought that was aesthetically unacceptable. You will never notice that "lifted edge" when the screen is on unless you look for it. When the screen is off, it is subtle and, if you apply the protector carefully, so symmetrical it still looks nice.

Here's the one I got. Main reason: ships from California. The ad has changed, I seem to remember being under the impression it was manufactured in the US.
USA Nokia Lumia 1520 Bandit Premium Tempered Glass LCD Screen Protector Guard | eBay

nimic13

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a TG protector in place. There is no effect on touch.

It is a different brand than a Nacodex, but cut pretty much the same. The edge is approx 1/8" and doesn't bother me at all. It has never snagged, pulled or collected lint. It has never interfered with my case or vice versa. I too looked at the ones with the missing corners on the bottom portion and thought that was aesthetically unacceptable. You will never notice that "lifted edge" when the screen is on unless you look for it. When the screen is off, it is subtle and, if you apply the protector carefully, so symmetrical it still looks nice.

Here's the one I got. Main reason: ships from California. The ad has changed, I seem to remember being under the impression it was manufactured in the US.

Alright cool ill look into getting one then. Do you happen to have any pictures of it on?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've tried the Nacodex and Fatax TG protectors, the Nacodex was OK but I found it wasn't so good at repelling fingerprints, I tend to use hand lotion a lot during the day and it was harder to keep clean. I did find it fit the 1520 screen quite well. The Fatax seems to have a better anti fingerprint coating but the fit is ever so slightly worse, seems skewed towards the left side of the screen when applied, if centered it would cover a bit of the FFC.

For fit and feel, both felt good, passing a finger from the front edge of the phone you definitely feel the edge lift of the screen protector but both are smooth and don't catch or feel sharp. If possible I'd try both and see which one you like better.

Nacodex - Amazon.com: Nacodex? Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nokia Lumia 1520 Microsoft Windows Phone [9h Hardness] [Real Explosion-proof]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Fatax - Robot Check

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium