Why does downloading stop when the screen turns off?

androAnuj

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Downloading stops when the screen turns off

I dont know if this is the problem with the OS or my cell but whenever i have kept something to download and when the screen turns turns off the downloading stops.Foe example if am download a image or video on whatsapp and suddenly the screen turns off then the download stops and when the unlock the phone the download starts from the beggining.
Whats the issue,please do help me out.
Thanks

Dimitri Brandt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Downloading stops when the screen turns off

Please try out the following:

- Go to Settings
- Select Wi-Fi
- Tap Advanced
- Check "Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out"

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

I dont know if this is the problem with the OS or my cell but whenever i have kept something to download and when the screen turns turns off the downloading stops.Foe example if am download a image or video on whatsapp and suddenly the screen turns off then the download stops and when the unlock the phone the download starts from the beggining.
Thanks

That's an OS limitation which kills apps when locked.. What you can do is close all other apps which are running.. And then tap download... If the system is not busy, it won't restart

Ittipol Thirasat

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

That's an OS limitation which kills apps when locked.. What you can do is close all other apps which are running.. And then tap download... If the system is not busy, it won't restart

It's not OS limitation. Windows Phone can allow apps to work under lockscreen and even have background download.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Please try out the following:

- Go to Settings
- Select Wi-Fi
- Tap Advanced
- Check "Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out"

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Fairly sure this option isn't available in 8.1, think it's just done automatically now. I certainly don't have the Advance option anymore.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks

Go to Battery Saver app and make sure the apps you are having problems with are set to run in the background. Otherwise this would kill all downloads when the screen locks.

androAnuj

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

I have kept whatsap to run in background but still the problem persists.May be it may be related to OS?

user_of_lumia

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem I do not get any notification when screen is locked because wifi stops working. And it happens to all application skype, viber, whatsup, mail notifications. If mobile data are on, then I get notifications because they use mobile data. All apps are made to run in background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss