Lumia 925 or 735 as Lumia 520 upgrade?

Thomas Prioul

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I own a Lumia 520 on which I've broken the power button trying to unblock it.
I'm tired of it because of all the loading/resuming screens, and the 512 MB of RAM.
I live in France and I can get the Lumia 735 for 170? right now and around 190? after the holidays. I can get the lumia 925 for 220? anytime.
I'm afraid of missing the camera button on the 735, and the 925 is still faster at games, feels more premium and everything.
What should I do? Get the 735 or the older 925?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm tired of it because of all the loading/resuming screens, and the 512 MB of RAM.
I live in France and I can get the Lumia 735 for 170? right now and around 190? after the holidays. I can get the lumia 925 for 220? anytime.
I'm afraid of missing the camera button on the 735, and the 925 is still faster at games, feels more premium and everything.

Did you love selfie?
If not 925 still good. The cases more durable actually

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You'll have to decide if you can live with the mere ~12GB onboard storage on the 925. Plus since the 925 was launched in mid 2013, support MIGHT cease early. Battery life on the 73X series is better than the 925

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I live in France and I can get the Lumia 735 for 170€ right now and around 190€ after the holidays. I can get the lumia 925 for 220€ anytime.
735 has better performance than the 930, newer, better screen, better ffc, and a potential 136gb of storage etc/

Thomas Prioul

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
It's a tough decision to make, the 925 has a superior camera and I don't do selfies at all. On the other hand the 735 is cheaper and has wireless charging but you need the fatboy to make it work anyway. It even has a 40€ refound from Microsoft which makes it virtually 130€ but I don't count on this sort of thing.

The memory is not an issue for me right now. I have some music on my 520, the apps + maps take me approximately 5 GB with 1.1 GB being Halo Spartan Assault :D
That leaves me roughly another 5GB for music+photos, that should do it no?

Even being old the 925 appeals more to me, is faster overall compared to 735/830 and has a better camera so I'll probably go for it.
Thanks for all of your advices folks!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
925 also supports QI but you have to buy a cover for it CC-3065. And I do not belief the 735 come's with a QI cover so you also have to buy it.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
It's a tough decision to make, the 925 has a superior camera and I don't do selfies at all. On the other hand the 735 is cheaper and has wireless charging but you need the fatboy to make it work anyway. It even has a 40? refound from Microsoft which makes it virtually 130? but I don't count on this sort of thing.

The memory is not an issue for me right now. I have some music on my 520, the apps + maps take me approximately 5 GB with 1.1 GB being Halo Spartan Assault :D
That leaves me roughly another 5GB for music+photos, that should do it no?

Even being old the 925 appeals more to me, is faster overall compared to 735/830 and has a better camera so I'll probably go for it.
Thanks for all of your advices folks!
As you ddidn't do selfies too much I recommend 925 over 735. Week I visit my local retailer. I was look at 730 and 735 display model. The shape it's fine and camera good too. The screen also nice but the cases were look terrible. Why? Unlike other Lumia I think they made from plastic except for the black one. The black one made from same material as my 625 and it quiet good.

On the other hand 925 shape is great. Maybe lack of storage and theoretically perform slower than 735 but I don't see much different.

Even if you decided for 735 please grab black one. Trust me the black one more durable than other colour

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
As you ddidn't do selfies too much I recommend 925 over 735. Week I visit my local retailer. I was look at 730 and 735 display model. The shape it's fine and camera good too. The screen also nice but the cases were look terrible. Why? Unlike other Lumia I think they made from plastic except for the black one. The black one made from same material as my 625 and it quiet good.

On the other hand 925 shape is great. Maybe lack of storage and theoretically perform slower than 735 but I don't see much different.

Even if you decided for 735 please grab black one. Trust me the black one more durable than other colour
No, he should not "trust you". First of all, minor quibble,the 735 doesn't come in black, it comes in Grey, White, Green, Orange and Blue. Second of all, do you own a 735? How can you comment on the durability of the polycarbonate that all the cases use? I own one and I think the coloured ones feel better than the grey model.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
No, he should not "trust you". First of all, minor quibble,the 735 doesn't come in black, it comes in Grey, White, Green, Orange and Blue. Second of all, do you own a 735? How can you comment on the durability of the polycarbonate that all the cases use? I own one and I think the coloured ones feel better than the grey model.

The 735 model I saw got a case made from plastic not polycarbonate.
The polycarbonate is material that made my 625 cases. When I saw this 735 it's cases were same as 535 which next to it. I Ask the clerk why the cases isn't as good *** before. And he told me the black color is the only one that have polycarbonate cases. He bring the sample himself showing black color made from polycarbonate despite green from plastic. Idk about other market but better than regret huh?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The 735 model I saw got a case made from plastic not polycarbonate.
The polycarbonate is material that made my 625 cases. When I saw this 735 it's cases were same as 535 which next to it. I Ask the clerk why the cases isn't as good *** before. And he told me the black color is the only one that have polycarbonate cases. He bring the sample himself showing black color made from polycarbonate despite green from plastic. Idk about other market but better than regret huh?
Polycarbonate is plastic. Its just Matte vs Glossy polycarbonate that separates the cases

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
925 pros - Pureview OIS camera, HAAC chips for audio recording, Glance screen, better GPU, Puremotion HD+ display
925 cons - 16GB memory, heats up more

735 pros - Better battery life, better processor, SD card slot, better front camera, better support from MSFT
735 cons - No Pureview camera, no HAAC chips, no Glance screen

Personally I like 925 bacause of the design and camera.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
925 pros - Pureview OIS camera, HAAC chips for audio recording, Glance screen, better GPU, Puremotion HD+ display
925 cons - 16GB memory, heats up more

735 pros - Better battery life, better processor, SD card slot, better front camera, better support from MSFT
735 cons - No Pureview camera, no HAAC chips, no Glance screen

Personally I like 925 bacause of the design and camera.

exactly what I had in mind

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion