"Creaky" back panel

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got my black unlocked 930 - absolutely love it. Not seeing any screen lift or screen discolouration, but one thing I am noticing is the back panel creaks when the slightest (and it doesn't take much) bit of pressure is applied to practically any area on the back.

Is this a common issue with the 930 or did I get a back panel that's not installed properly? I'm thinking of getting a case to put on the phone to combat the issue but don't really want a case on it all the time..

​Thanks.

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My 925 used to do that, there was a spot just to the right of the camera that had some 'give'. It eventually went away after a few months, not sure if that was due to the plastic expanding or what. As long as the back isn't loose along a seam, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone else weigh in on this if you're having/not having the same issue? I sent the 930 back and I'm debating ordering another with hopes it won't creak OR switching to the 830.

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I got an 930 but absolutely don't creaks ! Even if I apply a lot of pressure. Looks very sturdy and well built ! I think that your back cover is not properly fitted.

Rogerwho

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
you may get a 'refurbished' phone. the genuine unit back cover has wireless charging receiving coil plate that 'support' the shape. the replacement cover has not that coil plate, thus there is a void. take the back cover down and check.

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
you may get a 'refurbished' phone. the genuine unit back cover has wireless charging receiving coil plate that 'support' the shape. the replacement cover has not that coil plate, thus there is a void. take the back cover down and check.

TERRIBLE ADVICE!

If he removes the back cover then he will void his warranty and possibly damage the phone... Mine has a very very tiny movement if I run my finger along the back of it but it's so tiny it only happens if I am focusing on it specifically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett