Lumia 535 Updates will there ever be a fix?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
But In India I had checked software recovery tool version 5.0.9. It shows me software version is 02048.00000.14457.51001. Is available not new one
That means the software update has not been released in India yet, simple.

Edit: Download Windows Phone Software Recovery tool, I guess you're using the Lumia Software Recovery tool. It shouldn't really matter though, I updated mine using Lumia Software Recovery

anandha prabu

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
That means the software update has not been released in India yet, simple.

Edit: Download Windows Phone Software Recovery tool, I guess you're using the Lumia Software Recovery tool. It shouldn't really matter though, I updated mine using Lumia Software Recovery
Yea I too checked in Lumia recovery tool version 5.0.6. It showed old update what firmware version are you using

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea I too checked in Lumia recovery tool version 5.0.6. It showed old update what firmware version are you using
Look for Guytronic's post from a couple of days ago. I'm running the same firmware. It's a Latin American variant. No matter where you check, if the software update is not released for your region then it won't magically update, wait for Microsoft to release it.

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about you all but I guess mine was a hardware problem..

I gave my phone to tujhe repair centre (sure it took 15 days to come back) but the output was worth it...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've just been told that there's an OTA patch coming in the next few days that should improve the touch issues for those people who still have it.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've just been told that there's an OTA patch coming in the next few days that should improve the touch issues for those people who still have it.
i already received from recovery , version 02060.00000.15053.24003
im using it its improved but still very much behind. i hope they generate new update

Joko Soemitro

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Many Lumia 535 owners complaining!

Latest Update from Microsoft has made the touch screen even better. For Battery life, i'm impressed coz it could gave me almost 24 hours use. I actively use Whatsapp, Email, and browsing for work.In break time usually i use Messenger, Fb and Gaming. Well, i think everyone have their on interest in this phone but if you want to try first experience with WP, i think this is device you could get with low price. Hopefully MS reading this forum and make it even better with their future update release.

hyui

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
the new firmware (02060.00000.15053.2400x) in combination with the new touch panels (NOK/TOUCH PNL# CT2S1973-E TRULY)
https://vid.me/Kgon
There wasn't much improvement after the fw update with the older touch panels like NOK/TOUCH PNL CT2C1553-V3-E TRULY.

so if your device it not running like expected although the 02060 fw is already installed, get it to the service and let them replace the touch panel.

Last edited:

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
the new firmware (02060.00000.15053.2400x) in combination with the new touch panels (NOK/TOUCH PNL# CT2S1973-E TRULY)
There wasn't much improvement after the fw update with the older touch panels like NOK/TOUCH PNL CT2C1553-V3-E TRULY.

so if your device it not running like expected although the 02060 fw is already installed, get it to the service and let them replace the touch panel.

Thats the first 535 with the multitouch working! Did you tell them to change the panel or the service had instructions from MS to replace it?

hyui

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I knew due to a phone call last week, that they received a bunch of new touch panels send by microsoft at the end of the eight week 2015. unfortunately their technicians did not notice much improvement regarding the touch screen issues and stated, that it might work with a new firmware. The 02060 firmware wasn't available at that time in my country and it looks like they weren't able to test it because of that fact, too.

After I noticed, that the new firmware was available via the lumia support tool, I opened a case and send the device with a description of the touch screen issues under warranty to the service partner.

To answer your question: No, I did not tell them to change the panel.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I knew due to a phone call last week, that they received a bunch of new touch panels send by microsoft at the end of the eight week 2015. unfortunately their technicians did not notice much improvement regarding the touch screen issues and stated, that it might work with a new firmware. The 02060 firmware wasn't available at that time in my country and it looks like they weren't able to test it because of that fact, too.

After I noticed, that the new firmware was available via the lumia support tool, I opened a case and send the device with a description of the touch screen issues under warranty to the service partner.

To answer your question: No, I did not tell them to change the panel.

are you sure now every nokia care center has new touch panels ? i think i have to give them too in order to solve this problem.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The advice I currenty have from Microsoft is that customers should install or wait for the latest update (whether via LSRT or OTA) and if the situation is still the same, then refer to the Care Centre as indicated by hyui.

When evaluating the multi-point sensitivity, ensure that the screen is as clean and moisture free as possible. Care centre will most likely refuse to deal with phones if they don't have the relevant OS/firmware updates.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Semi-seriously considering sending this thing in to Microsoft for a look.
Today's re-flash of the latest firm update using LSRT changed nothing.

I have to say Nokia's warranty return was so easy.
Microsoft is a different story as it takes a while to figure out that MS insists on calling in before returning devices for warranty work.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Semi-seriously considering sending this thing in to Microsoft for a look.
Today's re-flash of the latest firm update using LSRT changed nothing.

I have to say Nokia's warranty return was so easy.
Microsoft is a different story as it takes a while to figure out that MS insists on calling in before returning devices for warranty work.

Im going to give to Care Center on monday and have to wait :(

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I have to ask you, as I'm getting my 535 back tomorrow from the Nokia Care: how do you know the reference of your touch panel?

My 535 was sent to the Care not for the touchscreen issue, but for a sudden death of the LCD, first week of March (so business week 10). The French system is similar to the German one, there is one partner, and even one repair centre dealing ALL nokia devices (and now Microsoft ones of course).

My device was "repaired" in one day, and IMEI was changed (so it may be a replacement device, or motherboard was changed). I'll see that tomorrow.

But if I ask you how to identify the touch panel, it's because my 535 was pretty OK before that blank screen issue. I wouldn't want to get back an older device from a buggy batch.

Thanks for your reply

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss