Lumia 535 Updates will there ever be a fix?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
My 535 is back from the Nokia Care. "Component replaced" says the repair report. I can now see the 2 sensors next to the FFC, obviously the touchpanel/frontcover has changed.

5 fingers registered normally in multitouchtest. So Microsoft know how to fix the /hardware/ issue for some of these (first) 535.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, FFC = Front Facing Camera

I guess you can in Spain (I'm in France), but you'd better contact Microsoft online first (like on the discussions.nokia.com forum or online chat).

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My 535 is back from the Nokia Care. "Component replaced" says the repair report. I can now see the 2 sensors next to the FFC, obviously the touchpanel/frontcover has changed.

5 fingers registered normally in multitouchtest. So Microsoft know how to fix the /hardware/ issue for some of these (first) 535.

That's interesting. Could you share with us your "about" page (except the IMEI and SIM ID)? I could also see two sensors (the one on the left being smaller than the one immediately to the left of the FCC), but I couldn't go beyond four fingers with the multi-touch test. Maybe yours has a newer hardware revision number (mine is 3.0.0.0).

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
For a capture of the phone itself, I'll do it tomorrow (about to go to bed), but in the meanwhile, here's my "about" page.

ss.jpg

They haven't changed the motherboard, or anything else, but clearly the touchpanel, which is consistent with other feedback from Europe (repaired 535).

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
For a capture of the phone itself, I'll do it tomorrow (about to go to bed), but in the meanwhile, here's my "about" page.

View attachment 101549

They haven't changed the motherboard, or anything else, but clearly the touchpanel, which is consistent with other feedback from Europe (repaired 535).

This is what I was looking for. Everything looks the same except the Version du logiciel de radio (but I don't think that has anything to do with the screen :wink:) and the Numero de version du microprogramme since your L535 is stlil at 15053. At any rate, we're glad that you're no longer experiencing the touch screen issue, as of now at least. Let us know when you receive the 15114 firmware update and if that further improves your screen reliability.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

My touch panel is also replaced in Pakistan it easily capturing the 4 fingers and 5th finger sometimes. But still need improvements when i comare with lumia 520
What do you say , is your touch panel matches with 520 touch panel ?

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting. Could you share with us your "about" page (except the IMEI and SIM ID)? I could also see two sensors (the one on the left being smaller than the one immediately to the left of the FCC), but I couldn't go beyond four fingers with the multi-touch test. Maybe yours has a newer hardware revision number (mine is 3.0.0.0).

Yes same here i couldnt go more then 4 in multi touch test. Touch screen replaced

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I can't compare with a 520, as I "only" have a 1020. It feels like my father's 630 though.

As promised, a focus on the front panel, which has been changed according to me, the 2 sensors next to the front camera were not so visible.

img_0001_30.jpg

Again, the repair report explicitly says "Component replaced" (not more specific than "component"), and "shell/cover changed" (I don't understand this one, I suppose it's the front panel.

koken_halliwell

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey people, how are you?

I've just registered to comment on this post. I recently bought a Lumia 535 too about 1 month ago in Barcelona (Catalonia, south Europe) and I've updated it to the last firmware (24003) using Lumia Software Recovery Tool. The phone works fine in fact: I can easily type, surf the web, etc. But I keep having problems in some games (overcoat in emulators where buttons are super close and there's a D-pad to move the characters).

Using multitouch test I've noticed that the screen can recognize up to 5 fingers when they are far from each other but has problems recognizing them when they are close. I have to mention I use a screen protector and my hardware version is 3.0.0.0 (the first released ones)

The point is that I'd like to send my 535 to be repaired (I want the touch and screen replaced) but I don't know if I should do it since my Multitouch Test seems to work as "good" as the "after" video of msirapian but not as good as it does on my Android cellphone or like this one (Type "MultiTouch Test On Nokia Lumia 930" on Youtube [I can't post links yet]).

What should I do? Do you think there's any chance my Lumia 535 sensivity works as good as the Lumia 930 of the video if the touch panel is replaced?

P.S: I guess I noticed an improvement when I flashed the phone using Lumia Software Recovery Tool; if you people have problems yet try it since you have nothing to lose :)

lfr_kain

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi koken_halliwell

I live in Spain too and I have the same problem as you. I don't suggest you to take the device to the care center, because people are saying that care centers are returning all the devices as if there were no problems. You can look for posts in microsoft forums of people telling that (I can't post urls here).

It seems that Spanish nokia care centers don't have the knowledge to solve the problem yet. I am waiting for the next firmware update to come, not the 24003, the new one, to see if it improves the problem, although pleople say that doesn't.

koken_halliwell

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi koken_halliwell

I live in Spain too and I have the same problem as you. I don't suggest you to take the device to the care center, because people are saying that care centers are returning all the devices as if there were no problems. You can look for posts in microsoft forums of people telling that (I can't post urls here).

It seems that Spanish nokia care centers don't have the knowledge to solve the problem yet. I am waiting for the next firmware update to come, not the 24003, the new one, to see if it improves the problem, although pleople say that doesn't.

Well thats why I was thinking on going by myself to the Nokia Care center in order to show them that I already did a firmware update, and use there the Multitouch Test app so they can see the problem.

But the point is that I don't know if that's gonna fix the problem since a perfectly working capacitive smartphone should detect up to 9-11 fingers like the guy's one of the video I've already shown, plus Msirapian got his/her screen replaced and I guess it's not totally working as it should be neither...

I wish I could refund it and get my money back... is it there any way to do it?

P.S: I plugged in my cellphone to the Lumia Software Update Tool and it's not detecting any new firmware update yet.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
My screen works perfectly well and it really *feels* different. The previous screen had a more "plastic" feel, always greasy. Now it feels like my yfather's Lumia 630, had no problem at all.

Look at my video, the important thing is that I can get these 2 circles as close as I want, and separate them again (pinch in and out). This was impossible before.

The situation doesn't detoriate in time, it feels as good as the first day since repair. I don't know if a capacitive screen should register 10 fingers ; I mean, the Surface 2 registers up to 5, and it's not a low end device. I rarely use more than 3 fingers on the device anyway.

So my advice would be: if you have issues with 2/3 fingers in multitouch, like in my "before" video, bring it to the Care. If you can't pinch in to the max/pinch out without the screen losing track of your fingers, bring it to the Care.

I consider I have a new device since repair, it's really a pleasure to use it ; I was afraid to use it before (click registered instead of scroll, etc.), it no longer occurs.

And again, the screen feels better, in terms of legibility and pure sensation, than before repair.

The only issue is to be sure that the repair supply chain in Spain is now aligned with what happens in France, Germany, Italy. I've read other reports from France stating their screen was changed, and they report exactly the same drastic improvements as I do.

diegalex

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
The only issue is to be sure that the repair supply chain in Spain is now aligned with what happens in France, Germany, Italy. I've read other reports from France stating their screen was changed, and they report exactly the same drastic improvements as I do.

I can confirm with another 2 guy, that Care in Spain still no change the touch panels. We have sent 3 devices and all of them were returned with the message of no having issues.

koken_halliwell

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Well that's why I guess I'm going this week to the Care Center by myself to ensure they change it lol. What I don't know is if they will have a working screen replacement. BTW where are u from Msirapian?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm from France. When people reported here that the 535 was repaired by the Nokia Care in Germany, we had the same response from the French Nokia Care (a lot of shops, but a centralised repair center where all devices are sent for repair) : device reflashed and sent back as is.

So I contacted Microsoft (on the former nokia discussions forums), went vocal, threatened them to alert the antifraud administration etc. (but while remaining polite and gentle lol), and then, they contacted me by PM to tell me to send my device to the Care (they asked my IMEI first).

And now, people are getting more and more repaired 535, but it only started let's say 3rd or 4th week of March. Before that date, it was pointless to send the device to the Care.

If you read this thread, you'll see that countries reporting that the 535 are repaired are (I restrict to Europe for your interest):
Czech Republic
Germany
Italy
France

But they're also repaired in Pakistan, for instance.

The important thing is to say that your device is up to date. People having sent their device before or just after the March OS/FW update received their device untouched.

Maybe you should check Spanish WP-fans forums to see if someone has already received *recently* a repaired 535. If not, you have to hammer the Nokia Care by send it again & again ^_^ My 535 is a secondary device, but I reckon it's not that easy if it's your primary device.

Final point: the new 535 seem OK out of the box. I suspect when these faulty 535 become less then x % of the total population, MS will stop repairing them or recognising there's an issue. Hence my ASAP advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney