Lumia 635 crash on web pages

Hakeem Greeen

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing problems with ie on the Lumia 635? I've been running into alot of issues and it's getting really frustrating. I'll be browsing or reading a site and it'll crash out of nowhere. It happens on average like 15 times a day.

Sure I could reopen the page and then navigate to it in history but this is really painful when you're reading a long page and you'll have to read through to find where you were.

As a web developer however I do understand that ie can be a pain to code for. I've run into instances where sites I created ran in everything but ie. I would expect the browser to crash on large pages since the Lumia 635 runs on 512mb ram but on small pages? Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Tried hard resetting but it doesn't fix it.

On a side note, 6tag, 6sec, twitter and a few other apps I noticed do the same thing. Is this a bug?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this as well, I only have the issue with internet explorer though none of the other apps mentioned. I haven't experienced it as often as you mentioned either I'll say it happens once or twice every few days.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll be browsing or reading a site and it'll crash out of nowhere.

Seeing this lately also.
Getting the "out of memory line 1" especially thru UC browser.
I stopped using UC because of this.

Searches thru Cortana seem to give less or zero problems so far.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
When you folks write "crash" do you mean that your phone reverts back to the home screen? If so, mine is doing that fairly frequently on all sorts of different pages. I haven't detected any particular pattern. I wonder if it has to do with a shortage of memory, because it generally happens after I have been browsing for awhile and I move to a new website.

Fagherazzi Paolo

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Here exacrly the same, very bad. Doesn't happen just browsing a lot of pages, it happens just if I open one page and write a lot of text in it. It crush loosing all the work...how is it possible?
Thanks and sry for my english
Paolo italy

Hakeem Greeen

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
It does both mostly just returns to home screen like 90% of the time. Glad I'm not the only one. It's improved alot in windows 10. Crashes alot less

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Also does the browser support html5 video.

Saw a site tell me I had no flash,but started playing a video.
Then I saw decode error,after playing the video for a couple of seconds.

Hakeem Greeen

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Also does the browser support html5 video.

Saw a site tell me I had no flash,but started playing a video.
Then I saw decode error,after playing the video for a couple of seconds.

Yeah it does. That happens to me too. Think it's a bug. Refreshing the page sometimes fixes it.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine crashes on sites with a lot of extra junk on them. Breitbart news always crashes, but when I read it on the PC in IE where I have the privacy blocking, the icon in the address bar shows sometimes over 200 services being blocked, quick of course aren't blocked on the phone. That seems to be the trend among the websites that crash on my phone.

The same thing goes for apps. For example, Words with Friends crashes often, but I believe it is also one of the nosier apps.

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
This is happening to me too. I was hoping Denim would fix this but nope. Phonearena crashes 15 seconds after I start scrolling. Anyone found a workaround for this?

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
It puzzles me why there aren't more people complaining about the browser crashing. My 635 is almost worthless for reading web pages that are long enough to require scrolling; it almost always will crash once I start moving down the page. I keep wondering if I am somehow inadvertently causing the browser to close with a gesture or something. Does anyone know if some kind of a log is created when the browser crashes, and if so, how to look at it?

nooru73

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I cannot upgrade to Windows 10 for some reason and I don't know how to fix this problem, I tried using different browsers and all of them are bad.

I have a hard time finding good apps on this OS so this makes the phone very limited, my E-5 was way better, I'm actually thinking about selling the phone because I cannot do much with it, I do feel jammed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05