My 928 keeps failing me!

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I swear every time I try to show my iPhone-owning friends something on my phone it freezes ot something goes wrong. Recently, there was a photo worthy moment and everyone whipped out their phones aaand my camera took 20 seconds to load. After restarting, the tiles don't load correctly (symbols are missing for a minute or so) and the UI is jumpy. What's up? I'm on the dev preview, but is it really that buggy??

Edit: Got an icon. All good.

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is nothing I would blame on the PfD, tbh. I'm using it myself without any issues. The issues you're describing - camera aside - mostly appear on tiles which apps are installed on SD card rather than phone memory. Especially if there's not much free space left on the SD card. You could move them over to the phone and see if that helps. Camera is something entirely different though and definitely meant to be addressed by the Denim firmware. Until then you could easily just use the OS default camera (if you want one that launches upon tapping the camera button) or any other 3rd party app like Camera 360 sight or ProShot, which all have a far faster launch time.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a dodgy / problematic SD card assuming your apps are all saved onto it.
Your signature line is rather ironic since one could ask the following. You DID try looking at the forum and post titles before posting something completely irrelevant? The question is about a 928 which does not have a user replaceable SD card.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I swear every time I try to show my iPhone-owning friends something on my phone it freezes ot something goes wrong. Recently, there was a photo worthy moment and everyone whipped out their phones aaand my camera took 20 seconds to load. After restarting, the tiles don't load correctly (symbols are missing for a minute or so) and the UI is jumpy. What's up? I'm on the dev preview, but is it really that buggy??

Which camera app are you using? I find Lumia camera to be a bit improved with Denim but still sluggish. As to whether the DP is buggy, in my experience the answer with my 928 until the release of Denim was yes. I haven't bothered to enable the DP with Denim and it is very smooth. My suggestion would be to try a soft reset and, if that does not work, a hard reset. If you make sure you have a backup of your configuration the restore is pretty painless. The problem though with doing a hard reset and restore is, if it is not just a problem with the DP, my bet is it is an errant/misbehaving app and the restore will recreate the same problem. If all else fails, I would suggest contacting support to get it replaced if it is still under warranty since the next most likely problem is with the internal storage.

Future Fossil

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Your phone needs to be replaced. My wife's phone did all that, but after replacement it works great! I have the same phone also with no issues. With insurance Verizon will have a new one to you within 48 hours. At that point you can do a fresh install of 8.1 Update 1 with Denim

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Your phone needs to be replaced. My wife's phone did all that, but after replacement it works great! I have the same phone also with no issues. With insurance Verizon will have a new one to you within 48 hours. At that point you can do a fresh install of 8.1 Update 1 with Denim

Okay, so I can just do that through the VZ website?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786