App Tiles going blank/transparent and non-responsive

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have recently come across this issue where my app tiles start going blank/transparent. I formatted my 64gb card to exFAT twice and the only solution seems to restart the phone or soft reset multiple times until they show up.

Any input would help.

Thanks

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I've got a 64GB microSDXC card in my 1520, but it is formatted using standard FAT32. I haven't had any issues with it. I'm not sure if you can use NTFS formatted cards in a WP device, but you may want to try it if you need to load files over 4GB to the card. Formatting the card using your phone may be the best solution to this problem. I would love to hear your results! Let me know what you tried and whether or not it worked for you!

EDIT: I realized I didn't have any apps loaded to the SD card. Even though the card I have has UHS-3 speeds, it apparently still takes a bit to load the apps from the memory card at startup. I'm not sure at this point if it would be better to load more apps back to the phone from the card. I have noticed, however, that, when an app is being updated, its tile darkens and is unable to be clicked. It restores soon after, but only when it is done updating.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6