Lumia 535 Bugs & Defects

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Post below if you think your Lumia 535 has any issues or isn't behaving as it should. This thread is for the discussion & troubleshooting of any hardware or software issues.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Lum...n-and-Tips-for-Lumia-820-and-920/td-p/1617864

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to help you fix your issue as quickly as possible!

K_S_R

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Speech download / keyboard language download problem / bug after the update to microsoft lumia 535.

This problem originated after microsoft issued a update to the phone. Since then speech download or keyboard language download has become impossible.

Recently Microsoft issued OTA Update for many bug fixes and touch screen problems, since then there have been problems.

New Updated Software Version causing the problem : 02055.00000.14511.22002
Previously it was possible to download with version no for me : 02048.00000.14457.51001

Since the update the problem persists.

Microsoft needs to issue a fix to this urgently..... Their first flagship phone and this is the most annoying thing......

Microsoft Please issue a fix to this urgently !!!

lumia.JPG

BTW Changing regions doesn't help.
Country the phone being used: India

Avinash V Raj1

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Speech download / keyboard language download problem / bug after the update to microsoft lumia 535.

This problem originated after microsoft issued a update to the phone. Since then speech download or keyboard language download has become impossible.

Are you able to download the speech language after reseting your phone. If so is it necessary to reset using software recovery tool or a phone reset is enough.

K_S_R

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Are you able to download the speech language after reseting your phone. If so is it necessary to reset using software recovery tool or a phone reset is enough.

Unfortunately phone reset won't help, if you are in the new version. If you need cortana, You need to downgrade the software version using lumia recovery tool, then disable phone updates, then you can download all the languages. But this is not recommended. Lets wait for a update. Right now it affects only lumia 535.

Avinash V Raj1

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately phone reset won't help, if you are in the new version. If you need cortana, You need to downgrade the software version using lumia recovery tool, then disable phone updates, then you can download all the languages. But this is not recommended. Lets wait for a update. Right now it affects only lumia 535.

Thanks, but actually I may need to do a reset because all my apps are currently installed in phone memory as my sd card was just 4gb and of class 4. I have ordered a samsung evo class 10 microSD and will be arriving most probably tomorrow. So I am thinking of doing a phone reset. So would you suggest a phone reset or a reset using recovery tool, Also if I reset using recovery tool will my warranty be void.

Avinash V Raj1

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Recently downgraded my phone and installed all necessary speech and keyboard languages. After that updated my phone. Cortana [alpha] is working now. The most amazing part was that my touch problems have been vanished. My phone is working perfectly now. Anyone out there before trying this please do try and reset your phone. I did a reset before downgrading my phone just to check if I could download the speech languages. The touch problem was removed at reset also. So if a reset fixes touch problem then there is no need for a downgrade.

K_S_R

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
speech download / keyboard language download problem / bug after the update to microsoft lumia 535.

this problem originated after microsoft issued a update to the phone. Since then speech download or keyboard language download has become impossible.

Recently microsoft issued ota update for many bug fixes and touch screen problems, since then there have been problems.

New updated software version causing the problem : 02055.00000.14511.22002
previously it was possible to download with version no for me : 02048.00000.14457.51001

since the update the problem persists.

Microsoft needs to issue a fix to this urgently..... Their first flagship phone and this is the most annoying thing......

Microsoft please issue a fix to this urgently !!!

View attachment 92851

btw changing regions doesn't help.
Country the phone being used: India

This problem is now fixed as of 11Jan2015.
Additional Speech and Keyboard Languages can be downloaded now.

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Touch is still very laggy after the update tried both soft and hard resetting!! Wtf!! **** you Microsoft after being a loyal customer for so many dam years!

abahwiranta

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
GPS not working properly on my Lumia 535, it take very long time for locking current position and often it wont work at all. Anyone have the same problem here?

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
GPS not working properly on my Lumia 535, it take very long time for locking current position and often it wont work at all. Anyone have the same problem here?

I also have the same problem with my 1020 running DP. I did soft reset but it didn't help. It only works when I'm at home

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't think Microsoft engineers are so smart that they can fix this issue... The last update was just for name sake haha, seriously just offer us refunds and move on....

Ptur

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Sensor settings not open, after try to open this section, any other sections throw errors. Any Solution ?
At my phone heat during plaing sensor become crazy.

wietie

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 535 User Reviews

I don't know;
fact is that my screen is not working anymore. today it stops working. request a repair bij nokia. see what they will do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb