Lumia 1020 vs Canon 5D Mark II (my short comparison)

alexeysalo

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have made this comparison just for fun. I even didn't thought that our gorgeous Lumia will be such a great competitor to DSLR! On some photos I have used prime (very expensive) canon lenses (85 mm f/1.2L). So, here is my results:

LumiaCanon.jpg
LumiaCanon2.jpg
LumiaCanon3.jpg
LumiaCanon4.jpg
LumiaCanon5.jpg

Hope, you enjoyed this comparison! :) I think the major difference between expensive DSLR and our Lumia 1020 is DOF (depth of field). If Lumia 1020 could produce such DOF as DSLR I would really throw my DSLR away (to tell the truth I use 1020 in most of cases instead of DSLR).

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have made this comparison just for fun. I even didn't thought that our gorgeous Lumia will be such a great competitor to DSLR! On some photos I have used prime (very expensive) canon lenses (85 mm f/1.2L). So, here is my results:

View attachment 92777
View attachment 92778
View attachment 92779
View attachment 92780
View attachment 92781

Hope, you enjoyed this comparison! :) I think the major difference between expensive DSLR and our Lumia 1020 is DOF (depth of field). If Lumia 1020 could produce such DOF as DSLR I would really throw my DSLR away (to tell the truth I use 1020 in most of cases instead of DSLR).

The L1020 has a fixed aperture size at f/2.2, so depth of field will be more or less fixed. But in taking almost-macro shots with subjects less than 12 inches away from the camera, depth of field becomes more shallow and becomes satisfactory in most applications.
WP_20141229_16_25_02_Pro.jpg
This is a random normal shot of a portion of a wall of a church that was buried in a volcanic eruption in February 1, 1814, demonstrating a bit of the shallowness of the depth of field of the L1020.

alexeysalo

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I understand this clearly. But, it doesn't matter. As I said before, the main difference is DOF. The DOF on your photo is typical for cameraphones. You can't compare it at all to DSLR's DOF. This makes no sense. The gap between smartphone's and DSLR's DOF is endless.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I understand this clearly. But, it doesn't matter. As I said before, the main difference is DOF. The DOF on your photo is typical for cameraphones. You can't compare it at all to DSLR's DOF. This makes no sense. The gap between smartphone's and DSLR's DOF is endless.

I wasn't comparing, alexey, since there's a difference between "comparing" and "demonstrating".

Nonetheless, I "enjoyed" your comparison. Thanks for sharing these, and hopefully the L1020 successor would lessen the DSLR-camera phone gap - though I doubt this since DSLRs will be improved just as well as (or even better than) camera phones.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
This is pretty awesome, can you please make more photos from natural, so that I can show of the capabilities of Lumia to my friends.
They're all use canon, and they think that no smartphone can beat it.
Thank you

alexeysalo

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty awesome, can you please make more photos from natural, so that I can show of the capabilities of Lumia to my friends.
They're all use canon, and they think that no smartphone can beat it.
Thank you
Thanks! Do you want to see more photos of nature (landscapes, etc.)?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Do you want to see more photos of nature (landscapes, etc.)?
I live in Saudi Arabia, sharing females photos with friends and teacher is completely unacceptable, so yes any pictures without female would be good.
Thank you, I really was looking for this comparison.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
How can you call that a comparison? Totally different with every photo.

Sent from my Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

That is a fair comparison as far as I am concerned. The two sets of photos were taken in the same light and focus distance. The 1020 ROCKS. There is no phone camera that even holds a candle to the 1020.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 92777
View attachment 92778
View attachment 92779
View attachment 92780
View attachment 92781

Are theses pics raw or edited ??
Can u show us some natural landscape too ??

alexeysalo

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I live in Saudi Arabia, sharing females photos with friends and teacher is completely unacceptable, so yes any pictures without female would be good.
Thank you, I really was looking for this comparison.
Oh, I didn't know that. That's interesting! There is no such restrictions in my culture. I will try to do a new comparison for you without female... :)

alexeysalo

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I didn't get what are you talking about? Can you explain, please? I have a wide experience in photography and I don't understand what are you talking about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion