Love Hate relationship with 635

Roddie Toney

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
As title states I have a love hate relationship with the 635. 1. I go to search the web and get either blank page or what looks like Lightning with all the flashes going on then goes to home page. Hate
2. Send a message either Facebook or Text super easy. Love
3. ESPN Watch. Love
4. Calls in remote areas are flawless and don't drop. Love
5. Answering Phone easier than Android. Love
6. Anyone leaves me a message or email it is on front and center without me having to open app. Love
7, Wife loves phone as well as what I paid for it. Love
8. Not enough Ram (Resuming) Hate
9. Sync across PC platform beautifully. Love
10. SD Card works flawlessly with system. Easy to set up. Love
All in all not a bad phone. I never had a smartphone until a couple of months ago. I went for cheap and got every android that AT&T offered and returned for obvious reasons. No memory, SD Card problems, Screen to small, couldn't find a case, etc. just was never happy. I bought 635 and kept it for 1 day. Went to Facebook no game apps, no doctors app, etc. so gave one more android a chance and it ran out of memory before I could put apps in so went with SD Card. Never could get it working right. I gave up on Smartphones but had prepaid for the month so I went and got the 635 back since it had most storage of all the budget phones. Now that I have had it for 2 months I won't say I am not changing phones again but I can't find anything in this price range do what this phone does. I looked for replacement to get 8 GB android phone since I feel missing apps is holding me back. Let me see Android for 179 or Lumia 635 50.00 or IPhone for 500. Microsoft is slowing getting me to keep buying MS products with there updating of apps. I am retired Disabled over 50 man that doesn't have money to spend on Smartphones so Lumia 635 is a keeper and after all Wife is happy. LOL

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Great thread!...thanx...

We have two 635's...we're an old retired couple.
The wife has had her's for a little over 3 months.

I wish she was into it a little more.
I don't push things too much because she doesn't really care about how awesome the measly little 635 actually is.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
It's a great little phone but not without it's drawbacks. But like you said, for the money it's hard to beat. Really enjoy my 635.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
There are two major flaws with the 635 for me - 512MB RAM and no camera flash. That's why I spend a little more on the L735.

But what you say about finding a decent Android for the same price is true. Here in the UK Carphone Warehouse has the Samsung S3 mini for ?89m, but in comparison it's very slow. If you're willing to purchase through Amazon or similar sites, the Lenovo phones are well worth looking at. Well specified, great quality.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
1. I go to search the web and get either blank page or what looks like Lightning with all the flashes going on then goes to home page. Hate

Not sure what that is about. I search the web all the time and never get that. How are you searching? I frequently just type something into the Explorer nav section, or you can use Cortana to search.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I've got an iPhone 6, Note 3, and have had a wide array of BlackBerry and Windows phones. Just got a 635 and I'm pretty happy with it.

Installed developers preview and enjoying it. The screen reminds me of my Z10. Colors are very vibrant and pretty. I'm looking forward to buying more cases for it!

Knowing you, there will be at least 10 of them:)

Roddie Toney

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Use the search tab in IE and certain websites do this and I have to go to laptop and search. What I assume is it is Flash which isn't supported in Windows Phone.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I cannot recommend the kwmobile case for the 635. It's very slippery. Even more so than the matte black cover itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss