My Lumia 1520 failed to downgrade from wp8.1 dp to official wp8.1

Chaw1234567

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 currently in wp8.1 dp, I am trying to downgrade it to the official wp8.1 because I have encounter many problem on dp such as every morning irresponsive screen, the phone heat up easily and always resuming. Both Lumia recovery tool and Lumia updater failed to downgrade the dp. First, when I connect my phone to PC, I cannot found my phone, then after that it want me to press hard reset then press ok, then it found my phone and it ask me to install. After download the update which is 1.67Gb, it either fail to go to next steps or it say my phone is not supported. Please help me, I really want to get rid of dp.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I downgraded my DP WP 8.1 to the official WP 8.0 and then from the WP 8.0, I installed the official WP 8.1 with no problem.

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
To restore your phone to the latest release (not Developer Preview), download the Lumia Recovery Support Tool here (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=ck9vWSJ5) and follow the instructions. It requires a PC running Windows 7 or later, but it will download the latest official release for your phone and install it in just a few clicks. Warning: It may take a while to download depending on your internet connection speed because the file is about 1.5 to 2 GB.

Chaw1234567

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
To restore your phone to the latest release (not Developer Preview), download the Lumia Recovery Support Tool here (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=AzUgV7iO) and follow the instructions. It requires a PC running Windows 7 or later, but it will download the latest official release for your phone and install it in just a few clicks. Warning: It may take a while to download depending on your internet connection speed because the file is about 1.5 to 2 GB.

Thanks, I have successfully restore my phone back to the official wp8.1. I done it with Lumia software updater for retail, Lumia software recovery fail to do it even I followed what is instructed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720