Files import

Theayalalalalon

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Whenni connect a Lumia 925 on a pc
Can i import any file type or just a limited format files (for example mp3 ,images, etc)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You can import all kind of file types but window phone does not recognize all. If you copy the files you will get a message that the phone may not recognize them. For example a .wmv is not supported by window phones but if you have an app which can play them you can still play them with that app.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Whenni connect a Lumia 925 on a pc
Can i import any file type or just a limited format files (for example mp3 ,images, etc)

You can import virtually any type of file into your phone, but some of them may not be recognized by your phone. For example, you can transfer a .mid audio file to your phone but your phone won't be able to play it. The file will be there and you can retrieve that file anytime you connect your phone to another pc. You can even send that file via bluetooth by using the Files App of Microsoft.

In certain cases, such as in copying videos to your phone, you will be prompted to have the file converted first before it is copied. This way your phone will be able to do something productive with the file, in this example you would actually be able to watch the video in your phone.

Theayalalalalon

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Ooh thats perfect
My friend told me i can only import files like images and music with zune with Windows Phone and i maybe going to buy Lumia 925
Thanks for the answers!

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Ooh thats perfect
My friend told me i can only import files like images and music with zune with Windows Phone and i maybe going to buy Lumia 925
Thanks for the answers!

Sounds like your friend isn't really familiar with how WP8 works. For a while, Zune was the only way to move files onto WP7 devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb