Experiencing some annoying issues on my 830

Gkaarl

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello ladies and gentlemans,

I've bought a Lumia 830 two months ago, and I couldn't be more satisfied with it. The battery life is awesome (compared with the 820 that I had before), the performance and the camera are simply awesome too, the exterior design... I was very very pleasured with it.
Now, after two - almost three - months with it, I'm facing some weird behaviors from my phone.

1) I'm losing the wifi signal unexpectedly, even if I'm 5 meters away from the router. The same happens with the 3g/4g signal. They are almost full in a second, and in the another, the blow away like dust in the wind.
2) My Internet connection is getting slower day by day, regardless if it is in the Wifi connection or 3g/4g. Connection tests (in my wifi connection) shows that I have currently 5 MBs, but my cellphone seems to use only around 100 Kbp/s. My PC (also with Windows) isn't facing this issue, the same to my friends cellphones (Windows Phones or not). It happens with the Data signal as well.
3) I'm getting too many "Resuming..." screens. Most of them are in WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
4) The battery life if getting worst day by day. I remember that one week ago I was passing through 2 (maybe 3) days with just one full charge. Now I have to charge it once a day, maybe twice.
5) Here in my country, we have a limit to our 3g/4g signal (around 10 MB of download, after that the connection gets a bit slower). I don't remember reaching that limit before using only WhatsApp, Facebook and a bit internet surfing (maybe to search for music lyrics). Now, i'm getting it everyday, in less than 4 hours with the data connection on.

These are my problems for now, and I hope that this list doesn't get bigger. :p
Does someone have a clue about one of these issues?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the English errors. It isn't my native language.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well...firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are facing these problems. On my part - and I have had the 830 for the last month or so - I have not faced any of these problems. True, I do get a few "resuming" screens - but that is when I am reverting back to Readit and not otherwise. But it is worth bearing in mind that with a S400 SoC, the 830 will have some of such "resuming" screens. I have no idea why you are having the Wifi problems. I have not experienced this. I have now travelled to more than two countries and over 5 cities in the last 30 days and have been living in hotels all the time. My 830 has connected seamlessly to the hotel wifi networks and has never dropped connections. Battery life has been good - it lasts me for a whole day (say between 9-12 hours) and very often I push the phone quite hard - though I do not game. I do have virtually all background services on, I do listen to music quite a bit, and I keep fiddling with the settings on the phone - just aimlessly really. I should also mention that I have the Preview for Developers activated on the device.

Now, I am not saying you do this, but if it was me, one of the first things I would do would be to hard reset the device. Having said that, I think you should wait to hear from some of the more experienced members on this forum and see what they suggest. Hard resetting the device is or should be a "last step" of sorts. Good luck and I do hope you solve your problems because personally, I feel that the 830 is an excellent device and it would be a shame if your experience of it was marred by these glitches that you are currently facing.

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a business here that uses only Lumia's. They recently went from 820's to 830's and 100 out of 200 people using the Lumia 830 experience similar issues like random reboots, WiFi issues, losing connectivity to network and other erratic and problematic behavior. The Lumia 830 is a real problem now and with such a large number of devices having these serious problems it's clear Microsoft/Nokia/Microkia screwed up somewhere with the device, big.

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes, having the same problem with my 830 (AT&T) -- dropping the Wifi connection. Seems to be an issue many people are asking to have fixed soonest. You might add your voice to the official Microsoft Answers thread, too:

Lumia 830 Losing WiFi - Microsoft Community

The only workaround I've found is to turn off the handset and turn it back on. I know ... not ideal.

Hope Microsoft fixes very soon.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Mmmm, 830 (international unlocked) on AT&T for a few months now.
No wifi problems at all and I use wifi exclusively when I'm at home.

Fred

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You cpuld try resetting your router. Some ISP's do what windows do with OTA updates (Over The Air) and maybe the update caused a bug in the wireless function of the router. My phone sometimes drops WiFi signal and I have found a router reset/reboot can help.

Sent using my Nokia Lumia 520 via the Windows Central app

Gkaarl

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the answers. I think that I need to do a hard reset on my phone - even if I don't want to. I really don't like to do it... You know, reinstalling all your apps, maps, settings, do/restore a backup of your personal data... omg. Just omg.
But it really seems to be some kind of specific problem, as I barely don't see any one more facing this issues.. Hope Microsoft fix it soon with an update. :(

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The Denim update on the 830 backs up almost everything (besides pictures on your storage and files) but things like your start-screen layout is saved in the Denim backups and so are most of the other settings. Even between devices. Recently restored a few backups from a 820 with DP installed to an 830 and besides some settings inside apps missing (whatsapp history, etc.) the start screen layout and background was there and the apps were all automatically reinstalled. Those apps supporting settings backup even retained their settings and data. Brilliant experience it was.

All I had to do is download a few maps and copy back my pictures and music. Well, actually, only the maps. As my music and images were stored on the MicroSD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos