Just thought I'd post a thread to express that I've been very pleased with my 830. I've been using it as my main phone for the past month and I have not encountered anything that would make me hesitant in recommending this phone.

I know there are a few posts of people having issues and I'm sorry to read they're having them. I hope they can rectify what problems they are having.

Overall experience has been very satisfying for sure. Yes, it doesn't have the overall speed performance of my M8 (awesome phone) but this phone has been smooth all around. I've had no issues with Wi-Fi, freezing up, stutter, lag. Oh I could say it has 'lag' compared to the M8 but my goodness I understand the 830 isn't a high performance phone. It may not scream with speed when opening apps but it's smooth. Best way I can describe it. Battery life has been exceptional. Camera is outstanding. Call quality is great. Bluetooth connectivity with my car was flawless.

My only negative? I think the cost of this phone is priced about $100 more than I think it should be ......... just my opinion.
    ven07, akks, danz14 and 4 others like this.
    01-05-2015 02:59 PM
    My only negative? I think the cost of this phone is priced about $100 more than I think it should be ......... just my opinion
    I'm with you on that one

Thanks for the positive "review", it's nice to see one among the many threads saying this phone has too many issues :/
    mark233 and aximtreo like this.
    01-05-2015 03:03 PM
    About the 830 being expensive. Perhaps, but when I bought it, it came bundled with a wireless charger which off-set the cost in part and which made the combo (phone + charger) cost effective. Other than that, I agree, the 830 is an elegant phone and the S400 chip does not bother me in day to day ops probably because I don't game on it. Battery life could probably also be a bit better but it is OK for my purposes.

Edit: Actually, it came with a wireless charger and a portable BT speaker, which offset the cost of the phone.
    Last edited by kristalsoldier; 01-07-2015 at 08:45 AM.
    mark233 likes this.
    01-05-2015 07:18 PM
    Are you comparing it to the M8 Android or Windows device? What exactly is slower about it (a split second longer to open an app or choppy animations)?

Reason I ask is because I'm considering the 830 :)
    01-05-2015 09:28 PM
    Are you comparing it to the M8 Android or Windows device? What exactly is slower about it (a split second longer to open an app or choppy animations)?

Reason I ask is because I'm considering the 830 :)
    Was comparing it to my M8 Windows phone. And yes, a split second longer to open apps on the 830 and transitions are not quite as fast. But it's only the most noticeable when I've been using the M8 for a spell then switch to the 830. After being acclimated to the 830 I forget about the speed difference. The same goes when I switch to the M8 from the 830 and I think "holy crap this phone is fast" lol.
    I'll say that if I were forced to give up either the M8 or the 830 --- I would .............. well I wouldn't give up either, just throw me off the bridge lol ... (silly hypothetical situations). I like both of these phones. I do use the 830 more because I just like the Nokia/Lumia phones.
    ven07 likes this.
    01-05-2015 09:46 PM
    I got an 830 about 10 days back and everyday I'm just amazed at the brilliant camera that they managed to put in this phone. In fact, there is an article on the allaboutwindowsphones.com where they compare 830 with 1020 and the 830 compares favourably with the big brother. I hope that the Lumia Camera 5 will improve things even more.
    Since I don't game on my phone, I felt the performance to be acceptable. In fact, sometimes, I feel the animations on WP 8.1 are overdone - if they could give us an option to turn off those flourishes when opening some apps like SMS, the phone would seem to be even faster.
    aximtreo, mark233 and ven07 like this.
    01-05-2015 11:06 PM
    Good posts guys. Let us know how the 830 performs for you or if you run across any specific problems. This site is more than capable and willing to help out.
    ven07 and mark233 like this.
    01-06-2015 07:42 AM
    I am also very pleased with the performance of the phone. I had a slight issue with image retention from the glance screen, but switching it off while charging fixed that.

Great camera, great screen, great design and build quality. Not had any issues with the speed, it certainly doesn't feel slow (I came from a 735 so its not like I would notice anyway). Its certainly faster than my Lumia 630 backup phone at opening apps, its also less prone to apps crashing, probably because of the extra ram.

I miss the 5mp front cam from the 735 and its ability to record 1080p video, but the 830 ffc is good enough. The back camera and camera button more than make up for it though.

RRP price is way too high, but I got mine from ebay for 125 which included an extra wireless charging cover, 2 cases, a wireless speaker (md-12) and a wireless charger (dc-50). Luckily nobody else was bidding for phones on Christmas day, otherwise it would probably have been 100+ more expensive.
    ven07, mark233 and bsbharath1987 like this.
    01-06-2015 09:24 AM
    I moved from my beloved 920 to the 830. The 920 was performing well, but battery life was so bad that I felt I had no choice. I had about 25 months with the 920 and a little less than 1 month with the 830. My initial reaction is that the 830 is not quite the phone in terms of performance as the 920, but it's close enough. Battery life is better. Not night and day better, but enough to justify the move. My investment in wireless chargers (I have 4) is protected.

I consider the 830 an interim device until the WP10 devices are established (maybe early 2016?) . I paid $300 on eBay for the 830, sold the 920 for $100, so my net investment is $200. Would not have paid $450 for the 830 - think that's excessive. All-in-all, I'm satisfied. I paid a reasonable price for a reasonable device.
    ven07 and mark233 like this.
    01-06-2015 09:29 AM