What's up with my storage?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: what's up with my storage?

What phone, what version of software, when did you notice this? Have you added any apps recently that may have caused the situation?

Have you done a soft reset to see if that helps.

While more experienced users read and recommend solutions, I would try a soft reset; nothing to lose.

TomGrinder

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
The lumia 1520
8.1 cyan
About a month ago
Tried, didn't work.
I bought a new micro sd card (8gig to a 64) and wiped the pics and music and formatted the cards and it went away, no idea why it did, don't care, it is back to like 3gb now.
Thank you!

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
The lumia 1520
8.1 cyan
About a month ago
Tried, didn't work.
I bought a new micro sd card (8gig to a 64) and wiped the pics and music and formatted the cards and it went away, no idea why it did, don't care, it is back to like 3gb now.
Thank you!
If the storage was being sucked up on the SD card and was fine after formatting the memory card, the problem was likely caused by dragging and dropping apps from one SD card to the other. As a measure to prevent piracy of apps, apps that are copied from one card to another will not run and will simply show up under "system". Moving a new app to the SD card in this instance will prompt the phone to ask you to delete app data on the card from "your previous phone." It is highly advisable to move apps from the SD card to phone memory before moving them to the new card. This will prevent data loss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo