Why is my screen blank white after trying to replace my screen?

b_plus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Blank White screen after I was trying to replace my screen.

Guys, I'm in a deep .. chocolate! I was trying to replace my cracked screen and when I removed the outer screen glass, suddenly the only thing that my phone screen showing now is a blank white. please help me to find out what's wrong with my phone!. I can't pay $200 to third party repairing services!

Attachments

• WIN_20150106_052026.JPG
    WIN_20150106_052026.JPG
    711.7 KB · Views: 3

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Blank White screen after I was trying to replace my screen.

How on earth can we help you with this? Are we suppose to all come to your door and have a look?

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Well, my best GUESS (read: Guess) is that the cracked screen broke the display.

Try soft resetting and see if anything goes better.

And don't forget to (attempt) backup!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Guys, I'm in a deep .. chocolate! I was trying to replace my cracked screen and when I removed the outer screen glass, suddenly the only thing that my phone screen showing now is a blank white. please help me to find out what's wrong with my phone!. I can't pay $200 to third party repairing services!

What did you do.
Please ecplain step by step.
But ..
It sounds like you bought the touch panel + LCD if it is 200 dollar.
Check if you damaged the flex foils and if the flex foils are properly connected.
Try to place the old one back to see if this works (cross check if you did not damage the motherboard.
Let me know if there is still something not clear.

And most important Disregard the comment from mr RichardBurt

b_plus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

WIN_20150106_114552.JPGWIN_20150106_114537.JPGI dropped my phone and the glassy layer of the screen broke so I decided to buy a new glass (it only cost me $10) and I tried to replace it. I remove the case and I was forcing to take it out from the front of the phone but because the glass was broken it was piece by piece, When I removed it %100 I saw the screen was changed to white but before that I was using it like normal phone. and I noticed that I also removed the black layer of the screen (behind the glassy layer and it sticks to the glass). the side buttons like volume or camera button is working and I can hear the capture sound. when I touching the screen it turns on the light but the function is not working because I can't turn off the phone!

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay I fear you should not have removed the black layer because it think that's a polarizer. To prove it put a piece of black layer back and if you see a "picture" again than that's the prove of my statement.
Let me know the result.

b_plus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I did it but nothing happened. I think it's kinda protection for glass because I can't separate it from the glass.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

If the black layer had a ribbon connector attached, it was the digitizer, which you will need if the glass piece you bought does not have it.

As for the LCD going white - have you checked the connectors to the motherboard? Sometimes, if the connector isn't plugged in all the way, that can happen.

b_plus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

no it doesn't have a ribbon connector. I think something wrongs with the connectors. I showed to some third party repairing services and they didn't look at it because the only thing that they know is iPhone and Samsung -_-.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

There is certainly a chance that you damaged the LCD. I cracked one a few weeks ago, but it bled over half the screen.

I had an iPhone once that had a white screen after replacement, and it turned out that a diode next to the socket on the board got knocked off while trying to snap it down.

I have also had them be not seated correctly in the socket, and once disconnected and reconnected, they worked just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo