Lumia camera help!!!

Arman Qureshi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 830 ..when i was checking app updates..my phone shows update for Lumia camera classic (No change log)
So i checked the store for "Lumia Camera" ...there it is waiting for me to download :p

But sad news is when i tried to open it it shows me message about update your phone to "Lumia Denim" to use this application!!! ..what's wrong with you Microsoft?? I have Lumia 830 (Denim pre-installed) anyway.. I tried checking for any phone update but ..no my phone is having latest update

Anyway guys try your luck and please reply me 830,930,1520&icon users (what it shows to you?) best of luck..

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
There are quite a few threads on this already.

The Lumia 830 does not have the final denim which supports Lumia Camera. It will need an update before that app is going to work.

In the meantime, you can get around the error by launching the app, hitting the back arrow and launching the app again.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have Lumia 830 ..when i was checking app updates..my phone shows update for Lumia camera classic (No change log)
So i checked the store for "Lumia Camera" ...there it is waiting for me to download :p

But sad news is when i tried to open it it shows me message about update your phone to "Lumia Denim" to use this application!!! ..what's wrong with you Microsoft?? I have Lumia 830 (Denim pre-installed) anyway.. I tried checking for any phone update but ..no my phone is having latest update

Anyway guys try your luck and please reply me 830,930,1520&icon users (what it shows to you?) best of luck..

Hi,
We had to find out the hard way a couple of days/weeks ago that even if the Lumia 830 came out with "Denim" it is not the final "Denim" update. We need to wait for our phone carriers to push out the update and then we will have the real "Denim" update and we will be able to install the real Lumia Camera v5 on our phones. Until then, we can only properly use Lumia Camera Classic.

Problem with the current Lumia Camera v5 for the Lumia 830 owners:

- We get the Popup error message that we need the update almost everytime we start the application.
- We don't have the HDR in this application
- We don't have the Dynamic Flash in this application
- We don't have the Rich Capture in this application.

The only thing that we can see for now it is the long press video new feature and the application starts a lot faster.

I tried it again this morning to install it but uninstalled it as fast because I will wait for the official release of "Denim" and "Lumia Camera v5".

It is sad that Microsoft said in their press event that the Lumia 830 would come with Denim and Lumia Camera pre-installed. It is even worse that Microsoft left us in the dark for so long without any official article from them saying that we need to wait for another "Denim" update before we can have this application.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
There are quite a few threads on this already.

The Lumia 830 does not have the final denim which supports Lumia Camera. It will need an update before that app is going to work.

In the meantime, you can get around the error by launching the app, hitting the back arrow and launching the app again.

Yes but it is missing almost all the features like HDR, RIch Capture, Dynamic Flash...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia Camera Classic update released today is closer to the official expected Lumia Camera 5 update. Why? Because startup time has considerably improved in this version, though it still lacks the Rich Capture feature

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia Camera Classic update released today is closer to the official expected Lumia Camera 5 update. Why? Because startup time has considerably improved in this version, though it still lacks the Rich Capture feature
Still so slow for me, what Lumia do you have?

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

It is sad that Microsoft said in their press event that the Lumia 830 would come with Denim and Lumia Camera pre-installed. It is even worse that Microsoft left us in the dark for so long without any official article from them saying that we need to wait for another "Denim" update before we can have this application.

Have we ever received any official comment on this from Microsoft? I think it's pretty clear that we need an update, but I don't remember MS saying as much.

I've grown weary of software companies not delivering what they had promised. And we keep letting them getting away with it....

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It's all a bit of a mess IMO.

Microsoft stated that both the 730/735 and 830 would have the Denim update pre-installed.

It turns out that Denim isn't really installed on these phones, it's really just Cyan again but with a slight change to the extras+info app to display 'Lumia Denim'.

Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot with this. Lots of customers will think that there is a problem with their handset when it states that 'Lumia Denim' is already installed.

A mock Microsoft Customer Service conversion:
Customer: Hi, I received an update to the camera app on my phone, and it is telling me I need to update to Lumia Denim before I can use it?
Microsoft: Yes, the Lumia Denim update is required, what phone do you use?
Customer: A Lumia 830. I thought that Denim was meant to be installed on this already? It says it is in extras+info?
Microsoft: That's a different Lumia Denim to the Lumia Denim that is required by Lumia Camera.
Customer: I'm confused now, so my phone comes with Lumia Denim, but also doesn't come with Lumia Denim?
Microsoft: That's right. The Lumia Denim firmware on your phone is completely useless until you update it to the real Lumia Denim.
Customer: So why do you sell phones with Lumia Denim pre-installed, if it's actually not installed?
Microsoft: At Microsoft we strive to confuse the customer as much as possible.
Customer: Well... mission accomplished! When should my phone receive the real Lumia Denim update?
Microsoft. In the coming months.
Customer: Ok. I think I'll buy an iPhone next time.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia Denim at least has the OS bits for 8.1.1. You can create folders on the start screen, something you can't do with Cyan.

That just makes it more confusing.

Lumia Denim is the firmware update for the 8.1.1 OS update.

On the Lumia 830 Lumia Denim is the 8.1.1 OS, without any Lumia Denim firmware features.

Windows Central is always clear that firmware and OS are separate entities. Microsoft on the other hand uses the firmware colour to describe an OS update when it comes to Lumia phones, and rarely talks about OS numbers.

It would be less confusing for me if the 830 just came with 8.1.1 and Cyan, with a planned Denim update later on.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
And there is one thing I just don't get. Why Lumia 730/735 doesn't get the new Lumia camera. That is really stupid decision from Microsoft.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
And there is one thing I just don't get. Why Lumia 730/735 doesn't get the new Lumia camera. That is really stupid decision from Microsoft.

I assume that they are keeping the features for the Pureview line. There is a big price difference between the 735 and 830, the hardware differences are minimal, so they are creating differentiation with enhanced software features on the 830 to justify its higher price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss