Problems with Google Calendar to WP Calendar

mrsmac717

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue. I?ve been following the Icon forum since July, when I made the switch to WP and Icon. You all have lots of valuable information -- Thank you!

I noticed this issue occurring probably within the past several weeks, but I?m not positive when it began. I?ll try to give as much info as possible, I apologize for the length of this post.

I use several different Google calendars that are synced to my Icon. Everything is entered as an "All Day" event, with the text designating the time of the appointment. For example, my calendar entry would say, DOC SMITH 1030. But when I go back and look at these events on my Icon calendar, they show the same text, but the event "straddles" two days, showing it beginning at 7:00PM on one day and ending at 7:00PM on the next day. The time shown is always 7:00PM on the first day and 7:00PM on the second day, and is consistent across all calendars.

When recreating this issue, this happens with entries made using Google desktop calendar (Firefox browser, current updates). Entries made directly to WP calendar show up correctly. When viewing my calendar in Google desktop, the appointment is shown correctly, i.e. one entry, All Day, etc. It is the Google calendar entries, when viewed on the WP calendar, that show up incorrectly.

The problem occurs with one-time appointment entries as well as recurring monthly entries, and occurs on the primary calendars well as secondary calendars.

After doing some reading, I made a change under email + accounts settings, changing my Calendar server (CalDAV) to include my email address. This change has not had any effect.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I might try? Thanks in advance ...

tagoofy

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
My first thought is that your Google Calendar does not have the timezone set to your time zone (like your phone would automatically). I'm not sure what the default timezone is for Google Calendar, but for example if it is GMT (So your appointments are relative to GMT+0) and you are in the GMT-5 timezone (EST) then what you described might be expected behavior.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Why do you make every appointment an all day event?

That's irrelevant.

My first thought is that your Google Calendar does not have the timezone set to your time zone (like your phone would automatically). I'm not sure what the default timezone is for Google Calendar, but for example if it is GMT (So your appointments are relative to GMT+0) and you are in the GMT-5 timezone (EST) then what you described might be expected behavior.

I agree. It does sound like a time zone conflict. However, I can't really confirm this because when I switched over to WP from Android, I imported my Google calendars to Outlook.com; and I've been using Outlook.com ever since.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, My only real suggestion and probably the best one is, jump the Google Ship and Use Outlook.
Google does not care for Windows at all, and they have been doing their best to cripple their services on Windows Devices.

With Windows 10 approaching this year, I would get ready for that.
I don't think people truly understand the significance of Windows 10 as an all around platform.

I will say, there are some small issues with setting up certain appointment types on the Phone Calendar in WP8.1 and in Windows8.x

You can't set an appointment out like every 2 or 3 weeks, or like every other Tuesday.
But you can set that up in Outlook.com Calendar and Outlook itself.
It's one of the complaints I have about the Integrated Calendar in Windows 8.x and WP.

But that's ok, you can set up the appointment right away and fix it later, not really a show stopper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett