Q1 2015 and Denim for 1520 is still not out (except for Finland) . I'm dying here :')

corby lambert

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
@MDK22
I also am on a shared data plan and bought my 1520 on eBay. Been off contact for a while now but every few years my wife gets a new iPhone upgrade.... Thanks, you did clarify that for me. Think I'll just stick to buying used phones though!

Jason Hendry

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I gave up waiting for denium update, instead i installed the developer app and now have denime working on my lumia 930, love hey cortana and the camera is faster but i pretty much already had the rest on my phone with cyan 1.1 update :)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Re: we're now in Q1 2015 and Denim for 1520 is still not out (except for Finland) . I'm dying here :

OK

My complaint is the near constant bombardment of new threads and posts about "where is my update?"

It comes when it comes and nothing to be done until it arrives except relax. I trust my Denim is somewhere in the process and my device is not forgotten like some Android that stops receiving updates after 6 months - if ever...

Agreed

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: we're now in Q1 2015 and Denim for 1520 is still not out (except for Finland) . I'm dying here :

Come on guys just flash the Finland rom and be over and done with waiting. I did that in the first week of December and have been enjoying Denim ever since. Just back up your phone before hand and you will only loose a few game high scores (except for games that have Facebook login mechanism or use a separate server)

Not advised on the unicorn. Lumia 1520.3 RM-938

gfreek

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

Well guys I've been very patient for this update but enough is enough!!

We are now final week of January and I'm done waiting. So early this evening I flashed my non branded UK 1520 to Finland rom and after 3 OTA's I now have Denim! :grin:

Honestly Microsoft why the delay in everything? you show up very late to the smartphone party the very least you can do is speed it up and make up for lost time and yet here we are 4 years on windows phone yet to make any significant impression in the market that is so pathetic!! I'm a windows guy so I can forgive you and can wait but Joe public will not stick around he wants the latest and greatest so will go either apple or android! Because of this I no longer recommend windows phone to my friends or family.

I hope windows 10 is worth the wait and god damn release a high end flagship will you!!!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

...Joe public will not stick around he wants the latest and greatest so will go either apple or android! ...

This ^^^ is certainly popular opinion, but is dead wrong, IMHO.

If Joe Public wants the latest and greatest on Android or iOS he is almost forced to buy a new phone every 6-12 months. And almost certainly they will get caught up in the carrier upgrade/overpriced contract merry-go-round (at least in the US).

Neither of those Operating Systems are pushing an OTA to so many hardware configurations and to such aged models as Windows Phone is currently doing.

You may try and fool yourself, but you are not fooling me.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

Well guys I've been very patient for this update but enough is enough!!

We are now final week of January and I'm done waiting. So early this evening I flashed my non branded UK 1520 to Finland rom and after 3 OTA's I now have Denim! :grin:

Honestly Microsoft why the delay in everything? you show up very late to the smartphone party the very least you can do is speed it up and make up for lost time and yet here we are 4 years on windows phone yet to make any significant impression in the market that is so pathetic!! I'm a windows guy so I can forgive you and can wait but Joe public will not stick around he wants the latest and greatest so will go either apple or android! Because of this I no longer recommend windows phone to my friends or family.

I hope windows 10 is worth the wait and god damn release a high end flagship will you!!!

I'm done with waiting but not that much of frustration to not recommend windows phone !! Calm down dude and relax it's not that bad , no other platform gives this much of updates to every device like windows phone a little wait will annoy but won't kill

Jacob Frye

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
My understanding of iOS (I've only used it briefly) is that the OS itself advances once a year. The rest of the time they are pushing Fixes (for bugs) and Security Patches (for whoopsies).

When I was on Android, I was spoiled by using Nexus and getting regular updates. However, the user forums and people in my personal life reveal that most Android devices in the mid to high end get one update and done, two as a rare exception. Low end devices rarely or never see an update. this is due to the OEMs constantly pushing new hardware. Vastly more Android devices get left behind than are updated. The majority of users are not flashing custom ROMS. The majority of forum users are, not the mainstream user group.

I've been using Windows Phone since August, 2013. So in the roughly 16 months I've been on the platform it has gone from Amber to Black (1st update) to Cyan (2nd update) to Denim (expected 3rd). That puts me on pace for one update every 6 months. The lowly and almost 2 year old Lumia 520 is getting 8.1.1 and is expected to upgrade all the way into Windows 10.

I think a lot of posts around this topic are based on a fallacy that the grass is always greener on the other side.

That's not how it is anymore... I have an iPhone 6+ & a Lumia 1520 (work and personal) & my iPhone has had 2 updates since I bought it last year... THEY FIX PROBLEMS I DIDN'T REALLY NOTICE LOL... I love my 1520 and the WindowsPhone platform in general. I've had 3 920's, a 925, a 1020 and now I'm settled with my 1520 (the best imo). The update situation is extremely frustrating with this OS to say the least. I hope things get better soon. It's hard to recommend WP to anyone anymore.

Last edited:

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
That's not how it is anymore... I have an iPhone 6+ & a Lumia 1520 (work and personal) & my iPhone has had 2 updates since I bought it last year... THEY FIX PROBLEMS I DIDN'T REALLY NOTICE LOL... I love my 1520 and the WindowsPhone platform in general. I've had 3 920's, a 925, a 1020 and now I'm settled with my 1520 (the best imo). The update situation is extremely frustrating with this OS to say the least. I hope things get better soon. It's hard to recommend WP to anyone anymore.
But at really they are always giving us updates , and working updates and not making our phones super slow!!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Please read my post again which you quoted... I did mention Bug Fixes and Security Patches as separate from new features and core OS advances such as the 8.1.1 + Denim Official will bring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo