No More Key Press Noises???

CountStyrofoam

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Any other Icon owners noticed that the noises that used to come with every keystroke during texting, for example, no longer happen? Another example is when I unlock my phone with the PIN. There are no noises on each keystroke, but the unlock noise does happen.

I know it might seem stupid, but I like the keystroke noises. I have been all thru the settings and it all looks good. Any ideas?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
If you have restarted your phone while quite hours is on, this could happen.
Try turn it on, lock the screen, unlock it then turn it off

+ welcome to Windows central

sotoy_yuk

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Have you check the ringtones and sound setting? It have tick boxes one for key press sound, one for unlock and lock sound etc. Maybe you untick the key press sound

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Turned all noises off. Then restarted. Turned all noises on. Then restarted.

Nothing.

Should I reformat?

I wouldn't. I checked my phone and I have key press tones turned on. With the volume all the way up, I could barely hear them (I actually had to put it to my ear to hear them). I normally keep ringer+notifications around 4 or 5 and media+apps around 14 or 15. At those levels I don't even hear the key press tones. If you are coming from a 928, the Icon is considerably quieter for certain sounds. The 928, in my opinion, was obnoxiously loud when it came to key press tones.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have two things for you to check, Do you have quiet hours turned on? this will cause no keyboard sounds. The other thing from a while back is have you been watching any videos, YouTube or another app were you may have turned down the volume while watching, then closed the app? If you did go back start playing the video again turn volume back up. This was a bug tried to Bluetooth way back but might be worth a try! Good luck.

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I also have this issue on my new Icon and the boxes are checked. I do have quiet hours on because well isn't that it's designed for? lol
But I am running DP and maybe that's part of it? I had an 822 running DP and after the official update, Cortana stopped reading text messages via Bluetooth on the car radio. Bummer I thought. But didn't really care because I was getting anew Icon. Now I have the same problem on this phone with the car. Calls are fine but no Cortana text.
I've ben rifling through every setting I can find but no luck on either issue. I don't want to do any resets but will try a restart during my quiet hours.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I also have this issue on my new Icon and the boxes are checked. I do have quiet hours on because well isn't that it's designed for? lol
But I am running DP and maybe that's part of it? I had an 822 running DP and after the official update, Cortana stopped reading text messages via Bluetooth on the car radio. Bummer I thought. But didn't really care because I was getting anew Icon. Now I have the same problem on this phone with the car. Calls are fine but no Cortana text.
I've ben rifling through every setting I can find but no luck on either issue. I don't want to do any resets but will try a restart during my quiet hours.

I also have the 822 and I'm on DP and I think my Bluetooth improved and Cortana still reads them, and quite hours yes when turned on stops all sounds ect.. Including the keyboard sounds!

Tacoma140

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, maybe it started after restarting my phone during quiet hours. I was able to fix the problem by unchecking the play sound with key press option, taking a picture (and I heard the shutter sound), and then I re-checked the key press sound option, and now the key press sound is working fine. Hope this helps.

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I also have the 822 and I'm on DP and I think my Bluetooth improved and Cortana still reads them, and quite hours yes when turned on stops all sounds ect.. Including the keyboard sounds!

My 822 DP had key sounds. My 822 also read my text messages with Cortana on DP but stopped with the official update. My Icon does neither and it's kind of pissing me off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05