My Red L1520 has died, how do I recover the files from the internal disk to a PC?

Moises Corilloclla

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, my sexy red Lumia 1520 RM-937 has died a horrible death. It has been failing horribly since the end of the summer with problems with the headphone jack and other issues with touch and playing files. The thing is, it finally died after the inner part of the screen has cracked (not the outside glass, but something inside that outside glass due to bending). So, the phone is not responsive to any touch and the screen is completely black, although it is possible to activate the phone through the power button.
I had a lot of photos and some music on the phone drive; my microsd has already been transplanted to its replacement, a new yellow RM-938, but it is almost full so I had to use the phone storage to add additional music and photos. My question is, if there is no way I cannot visually control the phone, nor control the phone from my PCs/tablet, how can I recover those photos/music files from the phone to a PC? Should I use Nokia Recovery tool? Is there any way to recover files from a non responsive phone?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is to plug in your phone to the PC and copy/paste the files that way. Since you said you can't do that, I'm not sure if there's any way to recover those particular files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon