Lumia 735 e compass problem

Vito Ed

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I experienced a problem with the compass of my lumia 735 from day one: using the navigation in walking mode, there is a strong oscillation of the direction arrow in the range of 10-15 degrees (quick and continuous), which makes annoying because the map in the background vibrates a lot ... Nokia city lens for example is unusable.
I tried an hard reset and also the procedure with lumia recovery tool, without any benefit.
Could someone help me?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You already did a hard reset and used the Lumia software recovery tool so that should "solve" a software issue.
If it is still under warranty I would suggest to send it in for replacement/repare. If it had this from day one it looks like a hardware problem so it falls under warranty.

Vito Ed

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the reply.
If you forgive my bad English, I'll explain why I thought of a software problem:
Installing any compass from the store, the direction of the arrow fluctuates within a range of 10-15 degrees as crazy. The same thing happens with Here Map and City Lens.
Installing instead a second compass (jack of tools) this does not happen: the arrow is stable, and displays the parameter of the gap (just happened + or - 7 degrees). Practically, it is the 'same application that fixes the' error of the compass.
For this I had not ruled out the software error.

Thanks anyway!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Dear Vito,
I understand your thinking of a software problem. But I think that the standard Microsoft apps (like HERE and City Lens) must work flawless.
I do not know why jack of tools does work maybe it is less precise.

But it is very good that you already deed these tests before you post your problem.

Vito Ed

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Harrie-S.. if you own a lumia 735, could you try using nokia city lens, and then tell me if it works?
Apparently, the lumia 735 has no gyroscope, and the people I know who own the same smartphone have also the same problem with Nokia applications (until now Here map, city lens here, lumia panorama).
Greetings, and thanks for the interest!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12