Hi, im trying to replace a cracked digitiser, purchased two just in case. Went to fit and BOTH dont seem to be working. I noticed the connections on the two i purchased both fit but they are quite different connections to my original digitiser. Any ideas, ive added a picture of both, my original the left one. Dont want to keep buying them until i get the right one... are there different types of 920's??

Thanks in advance

img_1843.jpg
    01-10-2015 10:46 AM
    Nokia probably sourced 920 parts from multiple manufacturers, or switched if one couldn't deliver, or one could be a counterfeit display, or ...
    01-10-2015 11:35 AM
    I had a similar problem , I purchased a new digitizer (sent from china) and after fitting it I noticed that the phones compass wasn't working which meant that apps like city lens, etc, wouldnt work and produced the message 'cannot detect compass'
    The chip on my original Nokia digitizer is a 'Synaptics' chip but the chinese item was just some numbers on the chip, I then purchased a digitizer from the seller in the link (below) who supplies the digitizer with the Synaptics chip (as in his advert) and everything works as normal now.

.New Replacement Touch Screen Digitizer Lens Touchpad Glass for Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay
    01-11-2015 02:58 AM
    What is not working?\

On some of the aftermarket ones, I've found that leaving the red spacer out when reinstalling lets them work because of different component locations.

I found an excellent replacement - I'll have to go back and fid who sold it, for about $20. I bought a couple around $15, and they were problematic.

The seller was called usmobileparts, and it was the 920 oem digitizer.
    01-11-2015 08:24 AM