Any tests I should run on a used 735 before I buy

snoxu

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I'm considering getting a used 735. Are there any issues I should look out for or any tests I should run before I seal the deal.

Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you want to test it before you buy it you have to power it up. So I do not think the shop allows that. So be sure that you can bring it back to the shop if you find a "defect" at home.

And check here on the forums for some know "defects" so you can check if your device has them.

And if you doing the checking at home you have much more time to check them than in a shop.

snoxu

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I will meet the person who who is selling it.

So I'll make sure to power it up and run whatever tests deemed necessary.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay but probably you would would have though of them yourself. Look for physical damage, check if you can connect it to internet, check if it will work with your SIM, get the receipt from the previous owner, if it is up an running check the app Help+tips there you can check the warranty status of the phone, check on a grey image if you see a residual print (burn in).

snoxu

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Will make sure to check for those.

Can you explain what kind of warranty information is Help+tips supposed to give.

Thanks for the tips.

Last edited:

snoxu

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I should add the current owner does not have a receipt and claims to have won the 735 in a contest and to have barely used it.

It sounds a bit sketchy and I'm a bit concerned about possibly not getting any warranty.

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You can check warranty online somewhere. Or was it in the Nokia recovery app. if you know it is under warranty that might help.

But providing it switches on. Browses the web and makes a call and takes a photo, those are key things to check.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Will make sure to check for those.

Can you explain what kind of warranty information is Help+tips supposed to give.

Thanks for lhe tips.

Nokia/Microsoft gives in some counties up to 2 years warranty. Here you can check if your phone is still in this periode.
Furthermore in which county the warranty is valid. If you alread have a Lumia check it for your phone than it will be more clear.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Make sure all the sensors are working, including GPS. Also check Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC, tap to wake up, volume rocker switched and power button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes