Why waste a perfect opportunity to put us out of our misery?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
We all understand that there are limitations and what not with the hardware of the various Lumia phones. So the 1020 owners cant have 4K recording, cant have living images, etc. I am sure the majority of them would agree to the fact that Living images is not what the 1020 users want. I don't think they would be upset if they don't have the extras with Cortana's passive listening or for that matter any other fancy stuff. They got "The Camera Phone" so they could take good pictures when they want and not wait for the loading, resuming and carrying on that happens when the perfect moment is gone :( Can you please find out if this is going to be fixed. You would be our only source to the root.
Mods can you please get this to Daniel's attention in case there are too many threads to filter through.
Cheers
Skamath

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Daniel does not work for Microsoft, so he would not be able to do anything about getting features added.

The hardware on the 1020 probably does not support this feature.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We all understand that there are limitations and what not with the hardware of the various Lumia phones. So the 1020 owners cant have 4K recording, cant have living images, etc. I am sure the majority of them would agree to the fact that Living images is not what the 1020 users want. I don't think they would be upset if they don't have the extras with Cortana's passive listening or for that matter any other fancy stuff. They got "The Camera Phone" so they could take good pictures when they want and not wait for the loading, resuming and carrying on that happens when the perfect moment is gone :( Can you please find out if this is going to be fixed. You would be our only source to the root.
Mods can you please get this to Daniel's attention in case there are too many threads to filter through.
Cheers
Skamath

It will never be fixed. Microsoft decided not to put any efforts into rewriting the Lumia Camera 5 app for S4 based devices. That is why we have Lumia Classic :eck:

The 820, 920, and 1020 could have had all the features of Lumia Camera 5 -- save 4k recording. Would not mind HDR on my 925, but it is just not going to happen...

We're basically on 'life support' with our Lumia devices. Maybe if there is a strong demand on Microsoft's user voice page we can get them to bring some love back to S4 development/optimizations.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Why they don't communicate better with Windows Phone customers ? Specifically I'm asking for a better automatic white balance on L1020, firmware solution, closer to the output given by iPhones. My feeling is that Microsoft is not acting as a phone manufacturer, but rather as a software merchant.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why they don't communicate better with Windows Phone customers ? Specifically I'm asking for a better automatic white balance on L1020, firmware solution, closer to the output given by iPhones. My feeling is that Microsoft is not acting as a phone manufacturer, but rather as a software merchant.

Their new revenue model hurts consumers in the long run.

1020 is an excellent phone, and it did cost a large sum of money...

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

The 1020 is the only "camera" phone on the market. The 1020, at this point in time, is the revenue model.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

The technologically it is also ancient in both the phone and camera worlds. It is completely unreasonable to expect perpetual upgrades for old hardware and it really doesn't matter how much you paid. This device was announced nearly 20 months ago and has been for sale for 18 months. It was also a niche product upon release and is even more so now. The sense of entitlement really is staggering at times.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The 1020 is the only "camera" phone on the market. The 1020, at this point in time, is the revenue model.

Interesting - I seem to see a little lens in every smart phone on the market and several of the phones are rated to be better cameras than the 1020. By what logic is it the only camera phone? The size of the sensor may be your standard but it isn't the standard of the industry, nor is it the standard of the lion's share of consumers.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Mods for the updates. As I said earlier it is not possible to have 4k recording, hey cortana etc. I am sure the camera app can be made to work faster!! I am sure users would agree that the lag has greatly increased since Black update onwards same with the resuming and loading screen.
The reason I said "The camera phone" is obvious and as the chat session was with the "imaging guru" I am sure there could have been one question tossed in the mix to ask what most 1020 owners are dying to know? can they make it work quicker?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Daniel does not work for Microsoft, so he would not be able to do anything about getting features added.

The hardware on the 1020 probably does not support this feature.

Hi Laura
I am aware that he doesn't work in MS and for that matter cant add features or designs.
The question was can he find out? and if the Imaging guru give us the faster cam that we used to have at one stage. It is not a feature that I am after for the phone to support. On the contrary I wouldn't worry about Cortana or 4k or anything. I would like to know if the basic Lumia camera app would be improved to be snappy or not?

Cheers

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Cheers
Skamath

To be more precise, the 1020 CAN do Living images, it WON'T support it, it's different. We had the living images on the 1020 for while with the Nokia Camera Beta app.

But, due "to stability reasons" (it's the same lame excuse that "for safety reasons" in our daily lives which can justify anything without having to explain it), it was withdrawn from Nokia Camera finally.

So the 1020 CAN support some of these functions (at least living images), but Microsoft decided it WON'T. The HW limitation alibi is probably true for a lot of things (4K, Hey Cortana, etc.), but the living images is a good example of Microsoft focusing only on newer devices, with new algorithms without taking into account the consequences on older devices. The 1020 can probably support HDR, but NOT the way Microsoft implemented it.

This being said, I do love my 1020, and don't need these fancy new features to enjoy it. The camera is already very good for my use. They just need to fix a bug related to the RAW files, but Juha told me it's fixed in Denim. Can't wait to check it by myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb