When will the Lumia 830 Denim update come out?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Looks like its going to start rolling for the RM-985s in Brazil soon :)

And it does look like a higher firmware revision number

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was in contact with MS support chat regarding the availability list for SW updates as Sweden had the L830 missing.
The engineer would forward the information, 1 day later this was in the list... :)
Lumia 830 Country variant Denim 8.10.14234.375 02040.00021.15063.02003

Which is nice.. I suppose :D

He also said I need to use Lumia Recovery Tool to get the latest SW from MS servers and this would give me the latest denim update.. I tried this, it didn't work.. Now I'm back to the first denim vs from win10 :(
Although I have to say that changing softwares on a Windows phone is a dream ! so so easy! your backup will quickly set your phone to what it was before.

I should also say that LC5 camera didn't work with Win10 either :( and win10 preview still has quite a few issues and wasn't that smooth so I find 8,1 a better alternative.

Hello!

Unfortunately the 830 I bought in Sweden has this product code: 059W5T5: RM-984 VAR EURO 3V CV D GREY which hasn't been updated to the latest Denim yet. What's the product code for your Swedish 830?

/Per

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so @LumiaHelp came back with an answer for the Lumia 830 and with @Bell...which at first I was quite happy but then....LOL

Denim1.jpg
Denim2.jpg
Denim3.jpg
Denim4.jpg
Denim5.jpg

So there you go...we will only know when the update will be available when we get the notification on our phones or we see an article come out....

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok so @LumiaHelp came back with an answer for the Lumia 830 and with @Bell...which at first I was quite happy but then....LOL

View attachment 99617
View attachment 99618
View attachment 99619
View attachment 99620
View attachment 99621

So there you go...we will only know when the update will be available when we get the notification on our phones or we see an article come out....

There ya go, pretty much how I'd expected it would play out... I guess all these people on the giving end must think we are a bunch of morons, it's like "DUH, YOU SURE WE'LL KNOW WHEN THAT HAPPENS?", pretty pathetic on their part but then when they are given scripts as to what should be said I guess it is predictable.

sbrad

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
That reply from lumiahelp is a classic !! "Let's hope for the best".....I can't believe somebody actually wrote that...what a total joke. Maybe Microsoft needs somebody in Product Marketing/Execution with a brain. The current VP of that category should get a note from Microsoft accounting saying "sorry,no pay this week...system is down, let's hope for the best". Wonder how he or she would like it?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
There ya go, pretty much how I'd expected it would play out... I guess all these people on the giving end must think we are a bunch of morons, it's like "DUH, YOU SURE WE'LL KNOW WHEN THAT HAPPENS?", pretty pathetic on their part but then when they are given scripts as to what should be said I guess it is predictable.

Yeah!!! One day we will get it....... I hope lol!!!! So the day that i will have the notification, I will tweet to them asking when will the update will come out just for the fun of it and see their answer lol 😁

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I think we should all start contacting MS and our specific carriers about a refund for all costs we assumed for a misrepresented product.

I love the phone, but this whole situation has pissed me off enough to start looking at other options.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 Denim Udpate.

I understand that you are pissed off but this action you propose will only frustrate you more because you will not "win" it.

But if really want to do it good luck.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

I understand that you are pissed off but this action you propose will only frustrate you more because you will not "win" it.

But if really want to do it good luck.

No. Of course I wouldn't win it. Unless I had the will, and time, to really make a fight of it. I don't. :)

I don't even care that much about the update now, to be honest, it's the principal of the entire situation. We, as consumers, we're misled. But, as always, there is little recourse that is actually effective AND realistic for the vast majority of us.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

No. Of course I wouldn't win it. Unless I had the will, and time, to really make a fight of it. I don't. :)

I don't even care that much about the update now, to be honest, it's the principal of the entire situation. We, as consumers, we're misled. But, as always, there is little recourse that is actually effective AND realistic for the vast majority of us.

I totally agree they should have made it very clear that for the Lumia camera 5 you still needed an update and that it was unknown when the update came. In this case at least you (kind of) knew what you bought.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree they should have made it very clear that for the Lumia camera 5 you still needed an update and that it was unknown when the update came. In this case at least you (kind of) knew what you bought.
Exactly!!! For me that's the whole point! Honestly the next time they announced a new phone with some features already built-in, I will wait a couple of weeks before purchasing it and will see if everything is there out of the boxe.

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't know if you use Twitter but if you do, follow @LumiaHelp and ask them. They will know that Canadian are waiting for this update.

I'm with Bell and I've asked them yesterday... At first they asked me to be patient and I replied that my patience as run out and they replied that they will get more detailed info soon.....

besides twitter, also use the other channels I've listed here. Need to make them feel sick reading our complaints.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

besides twitter, also use the other channels I've listed here. Need to make them feel sick reading our complaints.

Highly unlikely it'll do an ounce of good, the amount of WP users submitting complaints would be so miniscule to have any impact and they'd just choose to ignore anyway, or come up with another cockimainy excuse.

Hate to be a pessimist but having two handsets pretty much relegated to the obsolete bin and now my L830 a third of the way there if not more, its going on 7 months without a single update, now I don't have much optimism for WP anymore and were it is heading.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I think the Denim update for the RM-985 would be out soon, probably within 2 weeks (cross fingers) since the Brazilian variant already has its ROM listed on Navifirm since last week

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I think the Denim update for the RM-985 would be out soon, probably within 2 weeks (cross fingers) since the Brazilian variant already has its ROM listed on Navifirm since last week

I was wondering if you would be able to check for the Bell RM-985 Lumia 830. I don't have a PC so there is no way for me to check and at work I can't install any software.

I would really appreciate it if you can verify for me please. It would maybe give me hope 😉

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I was wondering if you would be able to check for the Bell RM-985 Lumia 830. I don't have a PC so there is no way for me to check and at work I can't install any software.

I would really appreciate it if you can verify for me please. It would maybe give me hope 😉

It wasn't available for any other RM-985s including the Bell, Rogers or the unlocked variant sold by Microsoft, at least till yesterday. I'm traveling so can't check now I'll post once I check tomorrow

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

It wasn't available for any other RM-985s including the Bell, Rogers or the unlocked variant sold by Microsoft, at least till yesterday. I'm traveling so can't check now I'll post once I check tomorrow
Great thanks for checking for me!!!
I really appreciate it!!!! 😁

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Great thanks for checking for me!!!
I really appreciate it!!!! ��

Looks like the Bell and Rogers variant post Denim updates are now available on NSRT. Interestingly, the Brazil variant has now been pulled off. Folks who want to flash should download it now

Bell.jpg

Rogers.jpg

Attachments

• Bell.jpg
    Bell.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member