When will the Lumia 830 Denim update come out?

Julian Lee2000

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 Denim Udpate.

My 830 says OS versions is 8.10.14157.200, and the software is windows phone 8.1 update. Is this the version needed to download/update Lumia camera?

Julian Lee2000

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

So once my phone is updated I'll be able to find Lumia Camera in the app store (Canadian)? I haven't been so far. I was under the impression that it would be an update to Lumia camera classic 4.9 or Nokia camera

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It is really faster, I would say as fast as Microsoft Camera.
Rich capture is good, so the dynamic flash. I like the fact that I can adjust the brightness after I took the picture.
Focus is good, except when you try to focus at night on objects that are far and with lights, then it's better use manual focus and set to infinity.
The shoot-to-shoot is really fast, but when you go back to the photo you just shot, you'll see that camera is saving it and you'll have to wait for 2 seconds to see it.
The long press with Full HD is good but the pictures are low resolution (2mpx), the smart cam in Lumia Camera Classic takes better pics (5mpx). So I use the long press for burst mode when you take pic after pic in a few seconds.
And there is better white balance in low light shots, a little bit warmer. And you can also take pictures in DNG.
But there are still some bugs...the app sometimes crashes and cannot be updated so it's still lacking the timer and when you go to the store, it will tell you that you can't download this app. Weird. But there's no message about updating phone when you press the camera button.

Thank you very much for this detailed information!!!

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I think most can get iHeartRadio so I don't know if the 'few' who can't is a concern to warrant a 'fix' by MS.
It might be carrier blocked, have you thought about that ?

The iHeart radio issue is related to screen resolution. Their app is written to require a certain screen resolution where as other apps are more flexible. Since the 830 has a different resolution than the 920, I lost the app and it doesn't show in the store from the 830. They are working on a fix from what I have read on other threads. All 830 users should have this issue, not just a few. I recently found that the station I wanted (to listen to Rush L.) can be played from the app MyTuner Radio so you might check that out.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Why L830's update take so long, when it is one of the first phone to have Denim out of the box..?

I'd like to know the answer to this also but with these updates being so fragmented one would have to blame MS, sure the carriers take some of the blame but if they aren't given the updates to tweak and modify then what? On any other platform when a specifics device is updated everyone gets it in short order but not with WP, it tickles out to select regions and takes months to reach all if ever, crappy.

Last edited:

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to know the answer to this also but with these updates being so fragmented one would have to blame MS, sure the carriers take some of the blame but if they aren't given the updates to tweak and modify them what? On any other platform when a specifics device is updated everyone gets it in short order but not with WP, it tickles out to select regions and takes months to reach all if ever, crappy.
i think in other update it is pardonable,but with this one (830) shipped with denim out of the box with the promise of better camera enhancement (both nokia camera and in its algorthm) and all of a sudden we still dont have the "real denim" or whatever it is... While the 1520/930 are getting this update... I think and feel that MS tricked or fool me... Dont get me wrong 830 is a great device... But they tell us all about denim but in reality our denim is halfbaked...

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
i think in other update it is pardonable,but with this one (830) shipped with denim out of the box with the promise of better camera enhancement (both nokia camera and in its algorthm) and all of a sudden we still dont have the "real denim" or whatever it is... While the 1520/930 are getting this update... I think and feel that MS tricked or fool me... Dont get me wrong 830 is a great device... But they tell us all about denim but in reality our denim is halfbaked...

NO MS LIED. All the print matter, videos and up until recently MS Mobile they ( they meaning lying bastards Microsoft) said the 830 had the "New" Lumia Camera...it was all to boost sales.

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
NO MS LIED. All the print matter, videos and up until recently MS Mobile they ( they meaning lying bastards Microsoft) said the 830 had the "New" Lumia Camera...it was all to boost sales.

Yah... All we can do now is wait for them to push the update for our lumia denim...

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

It is a shame, really, but all one can do now is wait and hope the carriers pull their collective fingers out and get the updates out the door. Sharpish.

bumbleboing

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm also eagerly waiting for the new Denim update to get the Lumia Camera app + more working!

The Microsoft Availability list also gets me a little bit worried as the 830 is not even listed! :(
h t t p : / / w w w .microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/

I hope the get the damn update rolled out soon!

Anyone know where it is already rolling out or has rolled out already?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss