sign in to live.com to update apps

harryschopshop

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
So I updated my phone to the latest version when it came out (I knew better, but what the hey). Afterwards I realized that I had to sign in to my live.com account to update my apps (WHY, WHY, WHY??????). I managed to get my Microsoft account recovered and reset my password today and was under the impression that the same password would work on the phone but it doesn't. I created that account when I got my phone almost 2 years ago and did not use it...ever. Naturally I don't remember the password that I put in. When I try to update my apps on the phone, I get a window that pops up asking me to enter my password and tap save. The user name is filled in and unchangeable and every password I can think of that I enter is incorrect. I'm at my wits end with this. Can anybody please for the love of god help me?????

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
That's the only way MS has to know what apps you have and which ones you paid for. It also acts as the mechanism to back up and restore should you change phones.

How did you download new apps over the past 2 years? The phone and the live.com username and password has to be the same. I believe that there is a way MS can help to recover your password but I don't have the link in front of me. I'm sure someone will be posting what you need or offer an alternative.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
That's the only way MS has to know what apps you have and which ones you paid for. It also acts as the mechanism to back up and restore should you change phones.

How did you download new apps over the past 2 years? The phone and the live.com username and password has to be the same. I believe that there is a way MS can help to recover your password but I don't have the link in front of me. I'm sure someone will be posting what you need or offer an alternative.

I know this is off topic but I love your dog... So cute 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786