[HELP] I can't check Yahoo email?

Yapchagi

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
No matter what I do, I can't check my yahoo email on my Lumia 920.

I got the following message:
------------
Error encountered processing your last request!
We have run into a problem processing your last request.
Refreshing the page may fix the problem, or use the link below to return to your Inbox.
-------------

What can I do? It's been a few days now.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you use your computer can you see mail.
Is updating or downloading apps on your phone still possible?
Than I would suggest to delete the yahoo mail account on your phone and add it again.

Yapchagi

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
If you use your computer can you see mail.
Is updating or downloading apps on your phone still possible?
Than I would suggest to delete the yahoo mail account on your phone and add it again.

Yeah with computer is fine. I've tried using email apps and they're the same thing. They act like almost an internet browser and give me the same error result.

What do u mean delete the yahoo email account on the phone? On phone settings - Email and Accounts - I only have Microsoft Account there. I have not set up the yahoo email account.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay if you only have a ms account do not delete it.
The following actions may help.
Check if you do not have limitations in Data sense.
Do a soft reset.
Delete IE history.
Check if date and time are correct.
Go to settings > email+ accounts and sync your Microsoft account.

Yapchagi

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Okay if you only have a ms account do not delete it.
The following actions may help.
Check if you do not have limitations in Data sense.
Do a soft reset.
Delete IE history.
Check if date and time are correct.
Go to settings > email+ accounts and sync your Microsoft account.

I tried soft reset a couple days ago but it doesn't solve the problem.
I also tried using DATA plan and WiFi and both have problems reading yahoo email.
Deleted IE history and even deleted the saved passwords. Problem still occurs.
I synced microsoft account 2 days ago and I did it again today.
date and time are fine.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a website pinned to your start screen? If so remove it. Close all taps on IE.
You also could try to use UC browser to check if you can connect to your yahoo mail website.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I would suggest that you go into settings; email, add account and enter your yahoo account and password. Press enter or next and the phone should connect to yahoo. You should be able to access your email now. On the start screen, open the mail icon and press sync and it should now show any yahoo mail you have received.

Let us know if this works.

Yapchagi

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Do you have a website pinned to your start screen? If so remove it. Close all taps on IE.
You also could try to use UC browser to check if you can connect to your yahoo mail website.

nope, I don't have any website pinned on my start screen.
Going to try UC browser soon...

Update: UC browser doesn't work either.

Yapchagi

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest that you go into settings; email, add account and enter your yahoo account and password. Press enter or next and the phone should connect to yahoo. You should be able to access your email now. On the start screen, open the mail icon and press sync and it should now show any yahoo mail you have received.

Let us know if this works.

I tried this before and it works. But, I prefer checking email from the browser.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Maestro app works great for Yahoo email. Yahoo has always given me trouble on WP, till I started using maestro app to check it. Give it a try

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Maestro app works great for Yahoo email. Yahoo has always given me trouble on WP, till I started using maestro app to check it. Give it a try

Maestro still is an app and he wants to use the browser method. I agree Maestro is good but not necessarily good for what he wants to do.

Yapchagi

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site

ok thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

Update: I can't find it anywhere in the store. Do you have the link for it? All I could find are Maestro apps for piano or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium