Why aren't my email attachments downloading?

AGY78

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Email Attachment Download Issues

Since i bought the 930, the email app has been an issue in regards to downloading any attachments I receive, be they PDF, .xls, .doc etc. It does not seem to matter which email address they were sent from or to. I have a microsoft, gmail, work and iCloud email account and it does not seem to matter which account the email is sent to.

For example, when I open the email a .xls / .xlsx attachment icon is shown and says "download all" which I do and it proceeds to download it and then shows the excel file icon. When you click on this downloaded file, "office" will load up and then say "Excel doesn't recognize the file format ..."

This also occurs with PDF attachments which attempt to open in PDF Reader, and then fail.

Note: If i then proceed to my laptop and try and open the attachment, it always works.
Note 2: If i take the same xlsx file that didn't work via email attachment download, and use my laptop to send it via bluetooth to the phone, it open fine so it must be something to do with the email app and downloading of attachments.

Last edited:

AGY78

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Email Attachment Download Issues

Thanks ! The platform is not new to me, i have owned a 1020, and a 630 prior to this.

However I have never experienced such an issue. I should state I am using WP 8.1 Denim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon