Nokia Lumia 720 Power Button Stopped Working

Rahut Gupta

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Since yesterday, my nokia lumia 720's power button suddenly stopped working. I cant switched on or off my phone.

For switching ON ,temporary solution was double tap but for OFF..i don't have anything. :angry:

I see recently many of the users having same problem in other devices too, how to fix it ? Is it a OS bug ? :eck:

Help !

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Even happened with me. I'm using Lumia 730. I had to reset my phone to get back to normal :| i suggest you to do this also :)

roshan_pinto

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Actually happened with me too. But I used to on/off by turning on and off in navigation bar in settings. And to lock phone I used quick tools which gave me onscreen lock option. After some days, the button was working. So no worries :D

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
At least check it doing an hard reset! Hope that helps..wasting 20 days at Nokia care! They wont return your phone to you at least for 14 days! Good luck with that!

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
..wasting 20 days at Nokia care! They wont return your phone to you at least for 14 days! Good luck with that!

That's just not true in my experiences. I sent my 920 to them via UPS on Tuesday of this week (faulty display) and UPS have just returned my repaired phone today (Friday). That's some turnaround. Complete in a Microsoft bag :smile: I've used Nokia Care several times now, and each time it's never taken as long as 14 days.

I came to this thread because the 720 phone I'm using in the meantime had the same button problem. As this flex ribbon is a 'pennies' part, it made sense to change it myself, and took 5 minutes. Problem solved. If the phone was still warrantied, I wouldn't hesitate in submitting it for official repair. Superb service.

kailash mobarsa

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
If you are facing power on/off button problem then don't worry you can resolve the problem without going to service centre.
Put some drop of PCB board cleaner on the power button and gently press and release the button, while doing this process carbon will removed from the bottom and it will make better connection with circuit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon