630/635 Denim update

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
So, that French carrier said Denim was going to hit our 630/635s somewhen between January and February, I think it's time to open this thread.

While we wait, do you think Denim will bring hiddenable action bar to our devices?

slaptas1

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Rebranded my phone and installed Belgium CV Denim update on Lumia 635. What's new:
WP8.1 Update stuff (Folders, etc.)
And... Equalizer!
On display settings now are these updates: You can change Low, Medium and High level brightness (!!!) and adjust color profile.
But no hiddenable action bar and "Hey cortana"...
Screenshots:
wp_ss_20150116_0002.pngwp_ss_20150116_0003.pngwp_ss_20150116_0004.pngwp_ss_20150116_0005.pngwp_ss_20150116_0006.pngwp_ss_20150116_0007.pngwp_ss_20150116_0008.png

Last edited:

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Rebranded my phone and installed Belgium CV Denim update on Lumia 635. What's new:
And... Equalizer!
On display settings now are these updates: You can change Low, Medium and High level brightness (!!!) and adjust color profile.

You got the equalizer??? But it was supposed to be hardware dependent...

ieiejdbx

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
And... Equalizer!
Screenshots:
View attachment 93858View attachment 93859View attachment 93860View attachment 93861View attachment 93862View attachment 93863View attachment 93864

What is the Product Code

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
MS has f*cked up soo hard the Denim update.

I was running the preview for developers (Cyan,with live folders and everything, except of the equalizer)
and then I found out in the recent Denim article here at windows central, that if you disable the PfD,
it will automatically show that you are running Denim..

Yep! Now it shows that I'm running the Denim firmware but the equalizer is nowhere to found!
The only option is flip to silence..

Well I had suspected that some kind of BS would occur after first seeing that the
various apps versions under Extras+Info on Denim update, was outdated compared to the ones that is shown to my phone..
(and still are as I see on the screenshots above)

Now what the F do I do? Return to PfD or wait for the equalizer to magically appear overnight?
:p

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
MS has f*cked up soo hard the Denim update.

I was running the preview for developers (Cyan,with live folders and everything, except of the equalizer)
and then I found out in the recent Denim article here at windows central, that if you disable the PfD,
it will automatically show that you are running Denim..

Yep! Now it shows that I'm running the Denim firmware but the equalizer is nowhere to found!
The only option is flip to silence..

Well I had suspected that some kind of BS would occur after first seeing that the
various apps versions under Extras+Info on Denim update, was outdated compared to the ones that is shown to my phone..
(and still are as I see on the screenshots above)

Now what the F do I do? Return to PfD or wait for the equalizer to magically appear overnight?
:p
If your device is entitled to something from the Denim firmware, you'll get.a firmware update. Otherwise, not. The Denim warning is triggered by you being on 8.1.1

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
So in order to get the official Denim (only the equalizer), I have to either wait for an update via PfD program or hard reset my phone!

Does anyone knows if the official Denim bring any improvements to the IE? (such as less crashes or faster scroll response?)
Because on PfD when scrolling on some sites, the scroll has a tiny annoying delay and it crashes more often (compared to the out-of-box Cyan)

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
So in order to get the official Denim (only the equalizer), I have to either wait for an update via PfD program or hard reset my phone!

Does anyone knows if the official Denim bring any improvements to the IE? (such as less crashes or faster scroll response?)
Because on PfD when scrolling on some sites, the scroll has a tiny annoying delay and it crashes more often (compared to the out-of-box Cyan)

II'm on Cyan no PfD and that happens anyway. It's just IE that's bad.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Imagine the crashes you see, multiplied by 2!
It's like a time bomb expecting to blow up at any moment.
Let's face it, the 512mb WP era is over.. even the 435 got 1Gb of RAM!

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Imagine the crashes you see, multiplied by 2!
It's like a time bomb expecting to blow up at any moment.
Let's face it, the 512mb WP era is over.. even the 435 got 1Gb of RAM!

That's a trick they found to outsell Nokia labeled phones. Can't believe same elope and his team made L630 with 512MB RAM in this era!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss