630/635 Denim update

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I just hope i will get the 'Lumia Denim' and 'WP 8.1 Update 1' on my Lumia 630 before the original Nokia makes their first android phone in 2016.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just hope i will get the 'Lumia Denim' and 'WP 8.1 Update 1' on my Lumia 630 before the original Nokia makes their first android phone in 2016.

Nokia can't make phones at all anymore the department responsible for that was sold to Microsoft. If a "Nokia" phone is released, it's only the name and the actual manufacturer was another company that may have been contracted to make the device.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Nokia can't make phones at all anymore the department responsible for that was sold to Microsoft. If a "Nokia" phone is released, it's only the name and the actual manufacturer was another company that may have been contracted to make the device.

First, let's not get diverted from the topic.
Second, as a response to your comment, Do you know that few parts of Lumia phones and Nokia feature phones were manufactured by Foxconn (the same company who manufactures iPhones and Nokia N1 tablet) all these years? As long as Nokia design the software and hardware and assure the quality, it doesn't really matter to many of us who puts it all together. And the 'department' which microsoft is having now already fired 12000 Nokia employees and is probably having just some cubicles and furniture as Nokia assets.(Just kidding :p )
What i'm trying to say is if MS don't get their mess together asap WP will die too. No one can predict the smartphone market. Samsung was a king from past few years and now they are falling apart. So let's wait and watch. Nokia came back with N1 tablet when people like you told Nokia is dead.

Now, let's get back to the point. Is MS going to announce Denim for all on 21st along with the WP10 announcement? You know, just for the marketing sake?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
First, let's not get diverted from the topic.
Second, as a response to your comment, Do you know that few parts of Lumia phones and Nokia feature phones were manufactured by Foxconn (the same company who manufactures iPhones and Nokia N1 tablet) all these years? As long as Nokia design the software and hardware and assure the quality, it doesn't really matter to many of us who puts it all together. And the 'department' which microsoft is having now already fired 12000 Nokia employees and is probably having just some cubicles and furniture as Nokia assets.(Just kidding :p )
What i'm trying to say is if MS don't get their mess together asap WP will die too. No one can predict the smartphone market. Samsung was a king from past few years and now they are falling apart. So let's wait and watch. Nokia came back with N1 tablet when people like you told Nokia is dead.

Now, let's get back to the point. Is MS going to announce Denim for all on 21st along with the WP10 announcement? You know, just for the marketing sake?

Yeah I'm not worried about it I'm about 90% sure that WP is gonna die off :) as for denim as far as I know they can't just say "ok everyone can have it now" they're still at the whim of carrier testing. The devices will get it when the carriers say so. (for locked devices of course. I have no idea why Microsoft has their thumbs up their asses for unlocked phones.)

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Nokia can start manufacturing phones in 2017 according to the deal with Microsoft.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Still nothing here for Lumia 630 CV GBIE... Even the Lumia 520 has the Denim updates and the 630 doesn't.
Heck, even the Lumia 635 - Everything Everywhere (EE) has it...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I flashed my RM-977 yesterday with the Italy CV Denim ROM for RM-976. The flash was successful and now I have Denim on 2 of my Lumia 630s (RM-977). The phone finally has an equalizer (minus Dolby) which can be used without headphones being plugged in. Also the phone does feel snappier than just Cyan+WP8.1.1

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I flashed my RM-977 yesterday with the Italy CV Denim ROM for RM-976. The flash was successful and now I have Denim on 2 of my Lumia 630s (RM-977). The phone finally has an equalizer (minus Dolby) which can be used without headphones being plugged in. Also the phone does feel snappier than just Cyan+WP8.1.1

the EQ myths are broken now .. :)
what about the navi bar behaviour ? :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Rebranded my phone and installed Belgium CV Denim update on Lumia 635. What's new:
WP8.1 Update stuff (Folders, etc.)
And... Equalizer!
On display settings now are these updates: You can change Low, Medium and High level brightness (!!!) and adjust color profile.
But no hiddenable action bar and "Hey cortana"...
Screenshots:
View attachment 93858View attachment 93859View attachment 93860View attachment 93861View attachment 93862View attachment 93863View attachment 93864

You do know that "Hey Cortana" that comes with Denim is ONLY for devices with Snapdragon 800+ series, right? :) Everything bellow that is not getting Hey Cortana. :)

afgscar

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a Country Variant GBIE unlocked phone
Microsoft Europe availability website says - Lumia 630 Country variant Denim 8.10.14219.341 02040.00019.14484.24004
phone still says up to date with Cyan when I run phone update
not in dev preview either !
Any luck with this yet? Anyone have any ideas? is this me ....

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys, I just want to ask something here if someone can answer it. My sister phone is Nokia Lumia 630 (she adores it), but shy bought it I think it was from Carphone Wearhouse in London when she was visiting there, it's a neon green 630. So, the phone came with Lumia Cyan on it (as you can see from the picture bellow). It is unlocked/unbranded version and its Country Variant Great Britain and Ireland (as you can also see from the picture). She uses her Lumia 630 on VIP MK (3rd mobile carrier in Republic of Macedonia), it's a postpaid contract, but since it is unlocked device it doesn't depend on carriers for the updates. When i check OS Update it says it is up to date, I change the region and language to English UK, restart the phone and it's again Up to date. So, I was wondering if anyone here managed to update to Denim since i see that lots of Lumia 630 across the Europe (especially unlocked ones) are getting the Denim update. Do i need to make some changes in the settings to get the Denim FW to her Lumia 630 or I should wait for when it will come? I checked MS page about Lumia 630 for Denim update and it says that CV GBIE Denim update is out and rolling. I don't want to go to PfD mainly cuz it's not my phone, if it was I would be so far. :)
Here is a screenshot from Lumia 630 Extras+Info and About page. Thank you in advanced guys!
Lumia-630-Unlocked.png

slaptas1

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys, I just want to ask something here if someone can answer it. My sister phone is Nokia Lumia 630 (she adores it), but shy bought it I think it was from Carphone Wearhouse in London when she was visiting there, it's a neon green 630. So, the phone came with Lumia Cyan on it (as you can see from the picture bellow). It is unlocked/unbranded version and its Country Variant Great Britain and Ireland (as you can also see from the picture). She uses her Lumia 630 on VIP MK (3rd mobile carrier in Republic of Macedonia), it's a postpaid contract, but since it is unlocked device it doesn't depend on carriers for the updates. When i check OS Update it says it is up to date, I change the region and language to English UK, restart the phone and it's again Up to date. So, I was wondering if anyone here managed to update to Denim since i see that lots of Lumia 630 across the Europe (especially unlocked ones) are getting the Denim update. Do i need to make some changes in the settings to get the Denim FW to her Lumia 630 or I should wait for when it will come? I checked MS page about Lumia 630 for Denim update and it says that CV GBIE Denim update is out and rolling. I don't want to go to PfD mainly cuz it's not my phone, if it was I would be so far. :)
Here is a screenshot from Lumia 630 Extras+Info and About page. Thank you in advanced guys!
View attachment 96104

Hallo ;) You need to change Product code to like this:
059w102
rm-974 var euro be cv
It's Belgium and have Denim update ;) If you want to change your's product code, you need to reflash your phone ;) Tutorial is here:
[Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) Lumia devices | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
Or you can wait...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720