How to remove my credit card details from friend's lumia account?

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I want to buy some apps for a friend using my credit card as she doesn't have one. So by logging into her lumia using my info, purchase the apps and then logging out and removing my account, would she still be able to purchase apps when she has logged back in using her account details? And how do I remove my credit card details from her lumia?

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to remove my credit card from friend's lumia account?

I want to buy some apps for a friend using my credit card as she doesn't have one. So by logging into her lumia using my info, purchase the apps and then logging out and removing my account, would she still be able to purchase apps when she has logged back in using her account details? And how do I remove my credit card details from her lumia?

Just download the Microsoft gift card app and send her a gift card.

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=8416c675-6b71-44f8-8211-9a1a6a71c4bc

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it's possible where your at but couldn't you just buy her a Windows gift card... You can buy online if there is not a Microsoft store in your area.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No you can not login on here phone with your account and than buy an app. (as can be done in android).
You have to add your credit card in here Microsoft account.
Than she can buy a app (your credit card will be visible in here Wallet app)
Than you have to go in here ms account and remove your credit card out here MS account.

But she also could buy a Microsoft gift card. (or Xbox gift card) and add that to here account.

The Micro soft gift card app as mentioned in the first reply is i think only valid in the USA.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No you can not login on here phone with your account and than buy an app. (as can be done in android).
Than you have to go in here ms account and remove your credit card out here MS account.

But she also could buy a Microsoft gift card. (or Xbox gift card) and add that to here account.

The Micro soft gift card app as mentioned in the first reply is i think only valid in the USA.

Oops...sorry. I didn't realize the gift card app was regional. My apologies. :)

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
:unhappy:

I mean to use her phone as if it were mine as if she doesn't have a Microsoft account, allowing me to log into the phone, make purchases that she wants and then logout again so that my credit card cannot be used by her.

The Digital Gift Card is not available in my region. :unhappy:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
okay you can use 1 Microsoft account on more phones. (I my family I have 4 phones with the same ms account).
(If you do that then you also have the same contact list and agenda)
If you put a pin code on the wallet app of your friend than she can not use it to buy apps.
And also because you have the same MS account you only need to buy the app ones. So if you buy it on your phone she can download it for free.
So if she wants a app you even do not need to use here phone. Just download (and pay it ) on your phone and than she can down load it later.
Or even login on the store on your computer and "send" it to here.
Is this wanted to know?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
:unhappy:

I mean to use her phone as if it were mine as if she doesn't have a Microsoft account, allowing me to log into the phone, make purchases that she wants and then logout again so that my credit card cannot be used by her.

The Digital Gift Card is not available in my region. :unhappy:

To log in on HER phone with YOUR Microsoft Account you have to Factory Reset, she looses all HER data and you input your Microsoft Account during setup. Then to log out of YOUR Microsoft Account you need to Factory Reset again loosing all YOUR data including the app you just bought her so she can use HER Microsoft Account on the setup and restore her data.

​Just buy her some flowers and a box of candy.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Just buy a low value prepaid visa or mastercard. I have done this myself as I don't want my main card attached to the account.

Works great

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

This method works. I did this for my friend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12