Lost connection to Xbox live

Iina the Magnet

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I noticed few days ago that my games hub isn't connected to my Xbox live account anymore. It keeps saying it can't connect to Xbox live, but smart glass works just fine.

Do I need to do a factory reset or can someone smarter tell me if there's a simple way to restore it? I haven't changed passwords either.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings/email+accounts and make sure your Microsoft account is up to date. Long press it and hit "sync"

Iina the Magnet

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It did appear after I installed denim, so maybe that's causing it. I really hope it'll get fixed soon, I don't know if it's because of the problems in live or what, but this sucks :/

spacesda

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I created an app password and entered it into my Xbox 360 account and also on my old HTC windows phone 7 windows live account. This completed my troubleshooting process. The account and privacy icons activated on my Xbox dashboard, and I could see my avatar signed in on the Xbox game hub. I've been trying to find a way to enter my app password on my Lumia 928 without hard resetting it, but I haven't found a solution. There is not an option to edit my current password under email and accounts - Microsoft account. Hopefully they put out a fix to allow us to log into the game hub using 8.1. A hard reset might work using an app password, but I haven't tried that yet.

soap141

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
the games hub version 2.0.1403.2 works but version 2.0.1405.13001 doesn't work this is the latest version which came or comes with the denim update

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the denim update yet. And mine isn't working. Though I had to hard reset because of that chive app. So I have that "bug" that says I have denim.

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
HI everyone. I think the games hub is the culprit here. i got my L930 yesterday and after installing everything (with a working game center) the system updates startet. Three updates later (i got denim here in Austria - yay!). everything worked fine except the games hub.

I searched for a solution but could not find a fix. Hart reset seemed to be the only way. I did this three times, since i always updated every app and so the games hub too. The last time i looked at every app i had to update and left the gameshub out. Until now it works fine and i can access everything. i hope MS fixes the gameshub soon, so i can update my system without thinking :D

Cheers,
Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon