Lumia Denim

asd4589

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
If anyone can, since we know that Lumia 1020 will only receive limited features with Lumia Denim updates, is anyone ou there can tell me what exactly Lumia 1020 will be getting with this update? Or is it nothing at all?

legend921

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia denim was for the new processor and pure view cameras. I have the 925 and 930 and overall as long as you have 8.1.1 you can get live folders on both os. Windows 10 is about to release so they are probably investing their time into that phone. Blaming no future for Microsoft is unfair as they had just completed their sale last year.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes there are but they look to the future and not to the past. And this is good for Microsoft's future but bad for 1020 owners.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I repeat, windows 10 is not a phone, it's just an Operative System. A manufacturer who doesn't create phones is not credible.

Milan Singh

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
If anyone can, since we know that Lumia 1020 will only receive limited features with Lumia Denim updates, is anyone ou there can tell me what exactly Lumia 1020 will be getting with this update? Or is it nothing at all?

As they have said in the new FAQ about the Denim update, the 1020 having older hardware will only get a name change from CYAN to DENIM and the OS feature set from 8.1.1. Denim which is majorly effective for Lumia Camera 5.0 is the only thing I suppose wont be available for L1020 and S4 Plus chipset mobile device owners( me too :unhappysweat:).

legend921

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft does create phones since they purchased Nokia, so I don't get your point. Microsoft was a software company first until the last decade.

legend921

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Denim is for camera firmware updates. You're still getting 8.1.1 which is just the same is as the latest phone. My 925 gets Six Columns of tiles and live folder and numerous other improvements. After a merger it takes time for the company to align both one another with the same vision. Microsoft only took ownership less than a year ago.

legend921

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
They are creating phones. They're creating low end phones at this time to get user base, the more users, the more developers they can attract. They said a flagship will be available by the end of the year. The 1020 has been out since 2013 and yet it is still receiving is updates where most other phone manufactures don't even release major updates after a year. The Lumia Denim was mainly for the quad cores with pure view cameras. Other than that you have everything else that the newer phones are using.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
That's the point. If they're not creating phones, what are we expecting from them ?

Then who created 535, 435, 532?
Besides u should be grateful that MS is even giving OS updates to phones running on 3 year old hard ware...
Most android phones of the same hardware never even got an update in 2014 not to mention the future updates while ur 1020 is still guaranteed to get official WP10...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not want WP10. I just want better firmware for L1020 camera.

what have we come to.
instead of wanting support for their phones, you want to try to dictate WHAT that support means entirely?
Heck, 10 might warrant its own firmware instead of a small update to 8.1, so there's that.
But sorry, they have a lot more on their plate than trying to continually improve a 2013 phone, especially one that's slated for an OS upgrade anyway.
You may not care, but there'll be more outrage if MS did what you wanted instead.

and actual question, what's insufficient with current firmware? legitimate question.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Not much. JPG processing is almost perfect. Just a little bit more accuracy in automatic white balance. There's room for improvement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12