Camera Speed

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
One of the things I hear touted about this phone is how fast the camera is- according to people on this forum, the camera on this phone is supposed to be really fast. This is not my experience- in fact, when using HTC's camera app I'd say this is probably the slowest cameraphone I have ever used.

The first problem is that the HTC camera app often takes a few extra seconds to initialize. The next problem is, counter-intuitively, that the HTC camera app supports resume. If I took a video 5 days ago, the camera app will resume on the video screen (and I often don't realize this until I've pressed the record button, and it takes several MORE seconds to start recording the video- you're not allowed to stop the process until it has actually started recording). So I need to switch to the camera mode, and for whatever reason it takes over a second to display the camera select screen, and another full second to process the selection you chose (note: all these delays decrease if you have been using the camera app recently). After that, another second or so must go by for the camera to reinitialize and NOW you can begin taking pictures. All this combined with a lack of camera button and I'd say the HTC One M8 is slow as sin at taking pictures.

Admittedly, the Microsoft/WP camera app works fairly instantly, but I want my pictures with depth adjustment and I want my videos with 60fps.

Speaking of 60FPS, the HTC camera app resumes to video mode, but NEVER resumes to 60FPS video mode, so it is necessary to select that I want 60FPS each and every time I take a video. It also takes about 1 second (way too long) to expand the video options, and another 1-2 seconds to process that I've selected 60FPS.
This app is just made of pure lag.

Thoughts? Disagreements? Fixes? Thanks.

sixseven

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the HTC Camera app, and I've had no issues.

Are you using internal memory or a flash card? If a card, what's the speed? I remember hating the speed of my camera on my Lumia 810 until I realized I was using a class 4 card. Once I put in a class 10, it worked find. Just a thought.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I can take pictures as fast as I can mash the button, no lag whatsoever unlike my painfully slow 920. Video issues I can't speak for as I don't hardly use it. My pics go to SD btw.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I can take pictures as fast as I can mash the button, no lag whatsoever unlike my painfully slow 920. Video issues I can't speak for as I don't hardly use it. My pics go to SD btw.

Once the camera app has started and been primed to take pictures, yes- but that is not my stated problem.

Skylar Headrick

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
The camera for me is in its own realm compared to the other cameras I have used. I starts super fast, takes pictures super fast, in fact, just all around it does everything super fast. I don't think I've managed to see a loading screen once in the whole month of using this phone. I have been nothing but happy with it.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
For me, the camera starts and is ready to take a picture very quickly. Takes no longer to open the camera app as compared to any other app. And it does take the photos fast.

I do wish they were higher quality, though. My 925 took much better pictures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss