How bad is the 535 touch issue?

styeffo69

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, I am wondering just how bad the touch issue is on the Nokia 535 in the U.K?
As I'm considering it however having read about the issue, some have said if you're a one finger or slower typer then it's not such an issue...I only use one finger as a rule and I wouldn't say I'm particularly fast....so how bad is it?

I don't use my current phone for much other than texting and my music whilst in work and the price of this seems perfect....any advice gratefully received...

Thanks 😃

Jacksept

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
You will not have much problem using this. Most of the problem occurs when you use Swype or type very fast.

As a consumer, personally I will not buy this when I know such issue surface. Earlier reviews didn't mentioned this issue at all except one Indian reviewer. This gives me the impression to take the issue lightly and because of its Brand. How wrong was I.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
The problem surfaces mostly when your hands are damp, wet, sweaty, or too much static from rubbing your hands.

Last edited:

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
The issue is virtually resolved for me, applied the update and then did a hard reset via the nokia recovery tool.
The only time I ever get any problems now is if there is excessive grease on the screen, I clean it every morning with a glass cloth and have no problems at all for the rest of the day.

Given what I paid for it and what I got for my money I can certainly live with it and be 100% happy.
Still it give the trolls something to whinge about and attack MS so they're happy too, win win!!

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My UK Single SIM version only has issues when there are more than 3 fingers on the screen at once, it loses track of the fingers when a fourth is added, otherwise there is no issue. It doesn't cause any issues during normal use, as I wouldn't be using more than 2 fingers on screen at once anyway.

Hardware revision 3.0.0.0 - updated with touchscreen bug fix.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My UK Single SIM version only has issues when there are more than 3 fingers on the screen at once, it loses track of the fingers when a fourth is added, otherwise there is no issue. It doesn't cause any issues during normal use, as I wouldn't be using more than 2 fingers on screen at once anyway.

Hardware revision 3.0.0.0 - updated with touchscreen bug fix.

Don't think I've ever used more than 2 fingers on a phone.

fremen567

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I got one for my wife, updated it and set it up for her. I played with the phone for few days and have not really noticed any issues with touch screen, it's good phone for the money and she really likes it. She had a Huawei G510 before and that phone was pain in the ***. Lumia is miles better. The only issue I would bring up is double tap to wake, it does not really work all that great. But a lot Lumias are having that issue as well.
So yes I would really recommend this phone over any android in the same price range. And this is coming from loyal android\nexus user.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

styeffo69

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I got one for my wife, updated it and set it up for her. I played with the phone for few days and have not really noticed any issues with touch screen, it's good phone for the money and she really likes it. She had a Huawei G510 before and that phone was pain in the ***. Lumia is miles better. The only issue I would bring up is double tap to wake, it does not really work all that great. But a lot Lumias are having that issue as well.
So yes I would really recommend this phone over any android in the same price range. And this is coming from loyal android\nexus user.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Thanks for that, amazingly enough I am using the same G510 and I don't mind it but would prefer a windows phone as I enjoy my Nokia 620.....thanks for all the replies, off to buy it now in a bit in screaming bright Orange!

styeffo69

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for their input, went and bought it and I have to say best phone I've owned and aside from music issues on Sd card which I know how to fix having owned a 620 previously......I love this phone, if only it was in Pink ��

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Get the latest (as of 1 May 2015) desktop version of the Project My Screen App here. Just tested it with my L535 and it does now work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs