Issues after updating to Denim

zainsul

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
After the Denim update, double tap to wake no longer works well on my 930. My success rate has dropped from about 90% to zero. I have to double tap at least a second time for the screen to turn on.
Secondly, emails no longer sync when I turn on Wi-Fi (I don't have a data plan). On Cyan, the 2 email accounts (Outlook and Gmail) used to sync as soon as I turned on Wi-Fi. Now I have to manually sync both the accounts to get new email.
My current sync setting for both accounts is 'as items arrive'.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
After the Denim update, double tap to wake no longer works well on my 930. My success rate has dropped from about 90% to zero. I have to double tap at least a second time for the screen to turn on.

Same here, quite frustrating. Also I have experienced trouble with screen rotating from time to time.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
After you installed Denim, did you reset the phone..

Settings > About > Reset Device

Or

Hard Reset:
Turn off your Nokia Windows Phone 8.
Turn on your Nokia Windows Phone 8 and quickly, press the "volume down" botton until an exclamation mark appears.
Press once on the following four buttons in this order: "volume up", "volume down", "on/off", and "volume down".
Two toothed wheels appear and your Nokia Windows Phone 8 must reset and restart by itself (the process can take some time)

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
After you installed Denim, did you reset the phone..

Settings > About > Reset Device

Or

Hard Reset:
Turn off your Nokia Windows Phone 8.
Turn on your Nokia Windows Phone 8 and quickly, press the "volume down" botton until an exclamation mark appears.
Press once on the following four buttons in this order: "volume up", "volume down", "on/off", and "volume down".
Two toothed wheels appear and your Nokia Windows Phone 8 must reset and restart by itself (the process can take some time)

Ofcourse not, why would I hard reset the phone and loose all the data etc?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
And did you also turn it on in Setttings >Touch>?

I just did the Denim update and double tap works for me, although I must say... I can't see the big deal for this feature. Double tap the screen vs. single push of the "On" button???

High Heels

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
And did you also turn it on in Setttings >Touch>?

I just did the Denim update and double tap works for me, although I must say... I can't see the big deal for this feature. Double tap the screen vs. single push of the "On" button???

Same for me. No problem at all. I had to turn the feature on in settings. That might be the problem. ;)

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 930 HK-CV and have had no problems with double-tap or email syncing.
My issue is with the color profile. Colors became washed out, muddy. Not excessively so, but enough to be unpleasantly noticeable. I've set the profile to "Vivid" which helps.

I have done a soft re-set and am not interested in doing all the work involved in a hard re-set without assurance that this will actually resolve my issue.

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
weird. It takes a lot of time on my phone as well. About 5 seconds

later edit: i turned rotation lock on/off.. and now it seems to work ok. I will keep an eye out for this behaviour.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
doesnt seem right to me. why loose all your data and have to re-install and configure everything again ?

I agree. Hard reset is not needed at all as a standard procedure after an update ( it's also not suggested by Microsoft in case of a update ).
If you however have a problem and soft reset can not solve it, and the problem is big enough, you could do a hard reset to try and solve the problem.

But if someone want to do it than he can of course do it.

High Heels

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, I had to do not only a hard reset, but I had to flash the same image again to get rid of the 4G problem - 4G was not an option in the data settings, but after a re-flash of the image it has miraculously appeared again. So sometimes the hard reset is not enough.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I had to do not only a hard reset, but I had to flash the same image again to get rid of the 4G problem - 4G was not an option in the data settings, but after a re-flash of the image it has miraculously appeared again. So sometimes the hard reset is not enough.

Out of curiosity, you got the Denim message on your phone, let it update your phone and then did it again? I'm surprised that once Denim was installed, your phone registered that an update was available or would let you install it again. Did you have to first factory restore back to Cyan?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)