L1520 capacitative button ghost activations - am I losing my mind?

MassDeduction

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Am I losing my mind and/or doing something wrong?

I purchased a used imported RM-938 (AKA 1520.3). It worked fine at first, but after a fashion it started to develop what seems like ghost presses of the capacitative buttons. Sometimes the active screen zooms out as if the "back" button is being held, and the phone becomes unresponsive. Other times Cortana comes up, and the phone becomes unresponsive. Sometimes it alternates between the two. Occasionally the home screen shakes left and right as if someone is rapidly moving their finger left and right, though this is less common.

Dang, I thought, there's a hardware failure of some sort. But I happened in the meantime to have picked up an RM-937 (AKA 1520.1) so I made a backup of the RM-938 and loaded it onto the 937. At first it was awesome, but now it's doing the same thing. And as with the RM-938, the problem is gradually developing and worsening on the 937.

Is it possible that both are suffering the same mysterious hardware defect at the same rate? Or is this software related?

I'm running the latest Preview for Developers software. I also have Gestures Beta installed, which I installed prior to the problem developing. Can't think of anything else that might be relevant in trouble-shooting this.

At this point I'm wondering if I should use the Nokia Software Removal Tool to go back to Cyan and 8.1 and not install the Gestures Beta, because I'm increasingly wondering if it's software rather than hardware! Thoughts?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I can tell you for a fact that when I backed up my L920 and then installed that backup to the L1520, the 1520 developed problems with the LTE band that my L920 was suffering from, then I did a refresh and set my L1520 as a new device and BOOM the L1520's LTE band worked flawless... so I'm almost certain what your experience is a software problem migrated from your other L1520... set it up as a new device and you will see it will most likely go away...but of course this is just speculation on my part...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05