04-20-2016 12:55 AM
172 1234 ...
tools
    check you time and date.

and what is IE Sync? never new something like this existed. can you please explain it.

It syncs your passwords and open tabs on your Windows 8.x and WP8.x devices
    01-21-2015 06:20 AM
    I'm having some issues with my 830:

Internet explorer's synchronization isn't working, so I can't open tabs that are open on my laptop, use bookmarks, recent sites, passwords...

Also Xbox Music isn't working: I only can play music stored on my phone. Not the songs that I've purchased. The app itself shows as "Music".

Games hub isn't working as well: It can't login into my account despite how much I try to.

I'm not receiving notifications over mobile data, just when I'm on Wi-Fi.

Finally I can't update Lumia Camera Classic to its 5 version nor download it from the store as it appears as not available for my device, so I haven't been able to test it.
    I'm running into the same problem. Yesterday I got my new 830 and everything is set up. On my HTC 8S (the old phone that is now replaced by the 830) the sync for IE etc. is working correctly.
    01-21-2015 06:54 AM
    No update for Lumia 830,India... Waiting....
    01-21-2015 07:20 AM
    Has this helped the capacitive button issue on 830? Search button not working with screen protectors, etc.
    01-21-2015 07:24 AM
    Case in point: I grow old before that's gonna happen.
    According to the microsoft denim update status page, a number of unbranded variants have already been updated.
    01-21-2015 10:09 AM
    Kinda, Microsoft gets approval from the carriers (after the carrier tests the software / firmware) to release the update, then they are served to customers via Microsoft servers.
    Oh right sure OK, unlocked not connected to a carrier WON'T get this update. I guarantee it.
    01-21-2015 12:39 PM
    Not every handset is supplied by a carrier...
    And they rarely get OS ( never) or firmware updates, the unlocked 1020 did get the Cyan firmware but name me one other phone that did get updates that weren't connected to a carrier that sold that phone. Name another please.
    01-21-2015 01:11 PM
    And they rarely get OS ( never) or firmware updates, the unlocked 1020 did get the Cyan firmware but name me one other phone that did get updates that weren't connected to a carrier that sold that phone. Name another please.
    https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=uXGtCINu

Every "country variant" listed is an unlocked/unbranded phone that is not associated with a particular carrier. Plenty there to choose from to prove you are wrong ;)
    theefman likes this.
    01-21-2015 01:15 PM
    check you time and date.

and what is IE Sync? never new something like this existed. can you please explain it.
    Both time and date are ok, it's automatically established when the phone is connected to internet.

IE Sync works when you use Internet Explorer on desktop and mobile versions of Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer on your Windows Phone.
    Then you'll be able to access to your IE Desktop bookmarks, recent sites, passwords, and even the tabs that you have open in your browser.

That works both ways if you use Internet Explorer in its Metro version for Desktop.

I'm running into the same problem. Yesterday I got my new 830 and everything is set up. On my HTC 8S (the old phone that is now replaced by the 830) the sync for IE etc. is working correctly.
    I just have chat with an assistant from the Technical support of Windows Phone and he told me that Microsoft's engineers are aware of this problem and are currently working on a solution for it.
    I hope this won't take much time for them.
    01-21-2015 02:20 PM
    Update done in Lumia 830 - Portugal - unlocked

Now Windows Phone 8.1 Update
    OS version: 8.10.14219.341
    Firmware revision number: 02040.00019.14484.24003

Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0
    Radio software version: 201c1.00389.0001
    Chip SOC version: 8926
    Screen resolution: be a better screen than 720x1280
    IMS: not registered
    Last edited by eric12341; 01-22-2015 at 04:13 PM. Reason: removed personal information
    01-21-2015 03:31 PM
    Good to hear. Hoping too that they fix the problem ASAP.
    01-21-2015 03:33 PM
    So here is my tip, after the update/once a month you all should do this:

-> all settings
    -> battery saver
    -> usage
    -> "show apps that can run in the background"

Now, click every app that has "allowed" and turn it off, unless you really need that app to run in the background.

Some that usually are ok to be allowed:
    - store
    - battery sense
    - cortana
    - audiorecorder (I use one)
    - cycle tracks gps (or any other gps program running under lock screen)
    - fm radio
    - here drive+
    - music
    - onedrive

And other you might use. But keep in mind, the less running, the better.
    01-21-2015 04:21 PM
    Oh my god, syncing the IE bookmarks and passwords seems to be working again, saw all my bookmarks in the browser a minute ago and the tabs opened on the desktop IE. Yes. ^^
    SergyOrtiz likes this.
    01-21-2015 05:11 PM
    For all if you with the new Denim on your 830s, did it replace Lumia Camera Classic or download Lumia Camera (5) in addition? If so, was it set as the default camera?
    Julian Lee2000 likes this.
    01-21-2015 05:15 PM
    For all if you with the new Denim on your 830s, did it replace Lumia Camera Classic or download Lumia Camera (5) in addition? If so, was it set as the default camera?
    I have the 930 . Lumia camera was additional (so I still have classic.
    Lumia camera 5 was set as default so if I push the camera button Lumia 5 starts)
    LLPO likes this.
    01-21-2015 05:23 PM
    Did anyone get the update in Canada yet? RM 985
    01-21-2015 05:30 PM
    No so far nobody from Canada got the update. I even tweeted Bell again and no answer
    01-21-2015 05:46 PM
    I have the 930 . Lumia camera was additional (so I still have classic.
    Lumia camera 5 was set as default so if I push the camera button Lumia 5 starts)
    Thank you Harrie!
    01-21-2015 05:49 PM
    Oh my god, syncing the IE bookmarks and passwords seems to be working again, saw all my bookmarks in the browser a minute ago and the tabs opened on the desktop IE. Yes. ^^
    Noticed that too!
    Still Xbox Games and Music not working as they are supposed to, but I hope this is a sign they are very close to fix that :)
    01-21-2015 07:39 PM
    Did anyone get the update in Canada yet? RM 985
    No so far nobody from Canada got the update. I even tweeted Bell again and no answer
    All you have to do is look here. The first country listed in NA is Canada until it shows on that list...wait until it does. Tweeting won't help
    Availability in North America - Nokia
    01-21-2015 09:28 PM
    All you have to do is look here. The first country listed in NA is Canada until it shows on that list...wait until it does. Tweeting won't help
    Availability in North America - Nokia
    Thanks but i know about that website and my carrier is not even there at this moment so I think that asking bell on Twitter would get a better and more accurate than this site 😉
    kepner198 likes this.
    01-22-2015 06:12 AM
    What's confusing to me is that I'm not seeing the "country variant" Lumia 830 listed at all for North America. I just bought one from the Microsoft Store yesterday (I had some gift cards I won, so effectively it was an attractive price; otherwise, $499?!? ugh), and it's an RM-985 000-US. I'm mostly confident that it'll get the update, but the fact that it's not listed at all does have me just a touch concerned.
    01-22-2015 11:31 AM
    Not supposed to show IMEI or SIM ID here on WC you might want to remove that.
    Good job on quoting him and including his IMEI and SIM ID, thus ensuring even if he edits his post those IDs will remain in your post...

Edit your own post and remove his info from it.
    01-22-2015 12:03 PM
    What's confusing to me is that I'm not seeing the "country variant" Lumia 830 listed at all for North America. I just bought one from the Microsoft Store yesterday (I had some gift cards I won, so effectively it was an attractive price; otherwise, $499?!? ugh), and it's an RM-985 000-US. I'm mostly confident that it'll get the update, but the fact that it's not listed at all does have me just a touch concerned.
    Latin America RM-985 variant(s) missing as well. I'm not worried about it..though I expect I'll be waiting longer than most.
    wynand32 likes this.
    01-22-2015 01:02 PM
    Don't be worried. There was no Lumia 830 listed for the UK, despite there being CV, EE, and Vodafone variants in the wild.

The Vodafone variant started getting Denim yesterday, and was added to the list on the software availability page, the other variants still aren't on there.

I would like some sort of statement from Microsoft to explain why carrier variants get software updates earlier than the SIM free country variants. Why should it take longer without the need for carrier approval... I don't get it.

The same happened with my CV GB Lumia 720. The O2 version got Cyan 2 whole months before my country variant got it...
    wynand32 likes this.
    01-22-2015 03:17 PM
172 1234 ...