Full Denim is being released for the 830

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh my god, syncing the IE bookmarks and passwords seems to be working again, saw all my bookmarks in the browser a minute ago and the tabs opened on the desktop IE. Yes. ^^
Noticed that too!
Still Xbox Games and Music not working as they are supposed to, but I hope this is a sign they are very close to fix that :)

wynand32

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
What's confusing to me is that I'm not seeing the "country variant" Lumia 830 listed at all for North America. I just bought one from the Microsoft Store yesterday (I had some gift cards I won, so effectively it was an attractive price; otherwise, $499?!? ugh), and it's an RM-985 000-US. I'm mostly confident that it'll get the update, but the fact that it's not listed at all does have me just a touch concerned.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
What's confusing to me is that I'm not seeing the "country variant" Lumia 830 listed at all for North America. I just bought one from the Microsoft Store yesterday (I had some gift cards I won, so effectively it was an attractive price; otherwise, $499?!? ugh), and it's an RM-985 000-US. I'm mostly confident that it'll get the update, but the fact that it's not listed at all does have me just a touch concerned.

Latin America RM-985 variant(s) missing as well. I'm not worried about it..though I expect I'll be waiting longer than most.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Don't be worried. There was no Lumia 830 listed for the UK, despite there being CV, EE, and Vodafone variants in the wild.

The Vodafone variant started getting Denim yesterday, and was added to the list on the software availability page, the other variants still aren't on there.

I would like some sort of statement from Microsoft to explain why carrier variants get software updates earlier than the SIM free country variants. Why should it take longer without the need for carrier approval... I don't get it.

The same happened with my CV GB Lumia 720. The O2 version got Cyan 2 whole months before my country variant got it...

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Good job on quoting him and including his IMEI and SIM ID, thus ensuring even if he edits his post those IDs will remain in your post...

Edit your own post and remove his info from it.

Do I notice a little sarcasm in your voice ? I posted it because although a "rule"
no one can glean any information from those two "identifiers" save NASA, FBI or the CIA.
Not only that YOU posted a link to my post...so BRILLIANT on your part :grin:

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks but i know about that website and my carrier is not even there at this moment so I think that asking bell on Twitter would get a better and more accurate than this site ��

I don't think so but go ahead. That "THAT website" is Microsoft.
I've been 'at it' since' the days of before Amber and "that website" is more up to date than the carrier.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so but go ahead. That "THAT website" is Microsoft.
I've been 'at it' since' the days of before Amber and "that website" is more up to date than the carrier.

Sorry if I didn't mention specifically THAT it was THE Microsoft website but I followed THIS website since the beginning as well. I'm telling you that my carrier is not even on it presently. I've sent an email to Microsoft, tweeted them, tweeted @Lumia, @LumiaCanada @LumiaHelp and told them 2 weeks ago but it is still not updated. By the way I'm not the only one that their carrier is not listed on THAT WEBSITE

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if I didn't mention specifically THAT it was THE Microsoft website but I followed THIS website since the beginning as well. I'm telling you that my carrier is not even on it presently. I've sent an email to Microsoft, tweeted them, tweeted @Lumia, @LumiaCanada @LumiaHelp and told them 2 weeks ago but it is still not updated. By the way I'm not the only one that their carrier is not listed on THAT WEBSITE

I can see that, in fact NO Canadian carrier lists the 830 and Denim update...be patient sheesh :grin:
Do you know the product code for your phone ?
There are only 3 for Canada 059... Rogers, Telus and BLMCA { what is that BELL?
I suspect the Bell sells one of those and you will get an update when it comes.

059W5G3: RM-985 VAR NAM CA BLMCA D GREY
059W5G2: RM-985 VAR NAM CA ROGERS SLV SL
059W5M5: RM-985 VAR NAM CA TELUS D GREY SL

Last edited:

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
For those of you fortunate enough to get the full update has the scrolling stutter been fixed that has been in every DP version so far?

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
What is this scrolling stutter ??

By scrolling stutter I mean that whenever you scroll the image it will stutter badly in DP on the 830, it behaves like a complete de-sync of frames, I guess some folks aren't to sensitive to it but if you use framerate synchronisation in other products then you will most likely see the issue on the 830.

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
By scrolling stutter I mean that whenever you scroll the image it will stutter badly in DP on the 830, it behaves like a complete de-sync of frames, I guess some folks aren't to sensitive to it but if you use framerate synchronisation in other products then you will most likely see the issue on the 830.

I tried it now, but truly I haven't found this issue on my 830..I feel it has some relation to the phone memory status or too many pics in a folder

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I tried it now, but truly I haven't found this issue on my 830..I feel it has some relation to the phone memory status or too many pics in a folder

No, this has nothing to do with the phone status in any way, as soon as I install a DP firmware on my 830 it starts stuttering on ALL animations, regardless of where you are or what you are doing. As I said before, not everyone notice this stuttering and I only got it on the Dev Preview with my 830. I'm hoping the full Denim for Swedish/EU 830 won't have this issue but seeing how few actually notice the stuttering it might very well be left in the full denim. Unless anyone here can confirm that it is not.

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
No, this has nothing to do with the phone status in any way, as soon as I install a DP firmware on my 830 it starts stuttering on ALL animations, regardless of where you are or what you are doing. As I said before, not everyone notice this stuttering and I only got it on the Dev Preview with my 830. I'm hoping the full Denim for Swedish/EU 830 won't have this issue but seeing how few actually notice the stuttering it might very well be left in the full denim. Unless anyone here can confirm that it is not.

oh you are talking about developer preview, yes this issue was reported by many ..Now I got it. Sorry for misunderstanding

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077