Full Denim is being released for the 830

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you guys install the firmware available from other carriers or even the free-of-contract version for that matter? If running on the same frequencies, it shouldn't do any harm.
Because you can't that's why. Other carriers are sending another carries customers OTA updates.
What you're saying makes not practical sense, unless I'm clueless and that I am most of the time anyway :winktongue:

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Do I notice a little sarcasm in your voice ? I posted it because although a "rule"
no one can glean any information from those two "identifiers" save NASA, FBI or the CIA.
Not only that YOU posted a link to my post...so BRILLIANT on your part :grin:

Ah sarcasm, Trolls best friend. :evil:

Sure, you can't glean any info from those IDs, but one could report those IDs to a stolen phone database, or what not; in any case we all agree it's not a good idea to post that info. QUOTING the guys post with said info, specifically to tell the guy it's not a good idea to post that info, is that sarcastic or ironic? Meh, I can't decide.

Anyhoo, I quoted your post without the chaps info. The forum auto-links any quoted post, that's not my doing, and if you edit your post to remove said info, the aforementioned link can't show more info that's in your post.

However, the chap you quoted can't edit your post to remove his info in your post.

I trust you'll understand the fine nuances explained here, and thus realize your extreme brilliance.:cool:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Ah sarcasm, Trolls best friend. :evil:

Sure, you can't glean any info from those IDs, but one could report those IDs to a stolen phone database, or what not; in any case we all agree it's not a good idea to post that info. QUOTING the guys post with said info, specifically to tell the guy it's not a good idea to post that info, is that sarcastic or ironic? Meh, I can't decide.

Anyhoo, I quoted your post without the chaps info. The forum auto-links any quoted post, that's not my doing, and if you edit your post to remove said info, the aforementioned link can't show more info that's in your post.

However, the chap you quoted can't edit your post to remove his info in your post.

I trust you'll understand the fine nuances explained here, and thus realize your extreme brilliance.:cool:

....and wtf you must be really bored or living in your mom's basement ! Happy 4th of July :asleep:

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Because you can't that's why. Other carriers are sending another carries customers OTA updates.
What you're saying makes not practical sense, unless I'm clueless and that I am most of the time anyway :winktongue:

He means using the software recovery tool to flash a different ROM onto the phone which includes the full denim update. At that point, future updates would be gated by that variant's carrier update policy (if any) unless the phone was flashed back to the original unbranded/unlocked form later on.

Menorca Man

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Bought my Lumia 830 SIM free on Amazon a month ago. Country variant 000-FR (France). I've previously installed Lumia Camera 5 but have been waiting for the updated Denim firmware in order for it to function correctly. Pleased to say that the firmware has just updated itself automatically and Lumia Camera 5 is now functioning as designed i.e. Rich Capture, Moments, etc. Well worth the wait!!

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Bought my Lumia 830 SIM free on Amazon a month ago. Country variant 000-FR (France). I've previously installed Lumia Camera 5 but have been waiting for the updated Denim firmware in order for it to function correctly. Pleased to say that the firmware has just updated itself automatically and Lumia Camera 5 is now functioning as designed i.e. Rich Capture, Moments, etc. Well worth the wait!!

Is Lumia camera 5 available in store ?? I dont think so

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
You mean this Lumia 5 isn't available Lumia Camera | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) that I installed on my 830 RM-985 that doesn't have the Denim update that I found in the USA Windows Phone Store, that Lumia Camera 5, or a different Lumia Camera 5?, actually 5.02 after the recent update from 5.01 on 01/15/2015.

As I know it is just a Lumia camera available in store. I have installed it, but it doesn't open and ask for denim firmware update in India. I am using lumia camera classic at present in India. I really do not know that when will this denim firmware will be available in India which has Camera 5 update included for 830

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
As I know it is just a Lumia camera available in store. I have installed it, but it doesn't open and ask for denim firmware update in India. I am using lumia camera classic at present in India. I really do not know that when will this denim firmware will be available in India which has Camera 5 update included for 830

No exactly, it IS Lumia 5 and you can open it just hit the back button wait 'til the screen goes black then use the dedicated camera button and Lumia 5 opens. Not every feature work but if still is Lumia 5. I used it to for Video, you can manually focus and adjust brightness while you're in video capture. Lumia classic isn't capable of that.

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
No exactly, it IS Lumia 5 and you can open it just hit the back button wait 'til the screen goes black then use the dedicated camera button and Lumia 5 opens. Not every feature work but if still is Lumia 5. I used it to for Video, you can manually focus and adjust brightness while you're in video capture. Lumia classic isn't capable of that.

I tried it, but doesn't work. This message appears " update to denim"

klose91

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The Games Hub seems to be working again, the last days it was not possible to log in, now it seems to be okay, dunno how it is with Xbox Music, there where also some problems with the purchasing, was written in one of the older posts here.

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
The Games Hub seems to be working again, the last days it was not possible to log in, now it seems to be okay, dunno how it is with Xbox Music, there where also some problems with the purchasing, was written in one of the older posts here.

I recieved an e-mail from Microsoft's Support team when they fixed that problem asking me if it was working ok again.
However I'm still not able to see my purchased music on the Music App (its name isn't Xbox Music, just Music), I hope they fix that soon.

bumbleboing

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I also have Lumia 830 and getting frustrated that Denim update is not yet released in Sweden. I've already checked with the Carrier and they say they have nothing to do with this and it is up to Microsoft... But isn't the update going via the carrier OTA? I would suppose the Carrier should have some information of this then as well!
Also checked with Microsoft which can't say and advice me to check availability site of the Denim update on which the Lumia 830 is not even listed for Sweden... Aaargh ! :)

I suppose there are bigger problems in the world to worry about, but still this is a little frustrating and misleading! :)

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, these updates looks like a magical chair game !! When we bought the phones by spending good amount of money, then the manufacturer has the responsibility to announce the updates with a time frame for each region. If many things in the world has some time frames, then why not these updates. If a manufacturer has any issues giving updates then in first place they should not talk about it till they are completely done with it and ready to give it to users.

It also looks funny to me that when windows 10 can't be available immediately then what is the use of big event for it. Microsoft need to be faster now otherwise it is difficult for any customer to wait for years together for their updates in this space age era.

Its really disgusting to read about the updates every time and it looks like a cheating, when they talk about many things about a phone or its camera while launching but finally when we buy they are without those features and asking us to wait endless

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720