Full Denim is being released for the 830

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
So... to OP, is the camera now super fast?

I'm having some issues with my 830:

Internet explorer's synchronization isn't working, so I can't open tabs that are open on my laptop, use bookmarks, recent sites, passwords...

Also Xbox Music isn't working: I only can play music stored on my phone. Not the songs that I've purchased. The app itself shows as "Music".

Games hub isn't working as well: It can't login into my account despite how much I try to.

I'm not receiving notifications over mobile data, just when I'm on Wi-Fi.

Finally I can't update Lumia Camera Classic to its 5 version nor download it from the store as it appears as not available for my device, so I haven't been able to test it.

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Is this Denim update available in India for Lumia 830 ??
My phone shows i has Denim but the core ID numbers or different from what is shown by the thread starter
I am looking more for the camera 5 update

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Updates for unbranded phones (not associated with a carrier...ie country variant phones and the like) come directly from MS because, by definition, there is no carrier from which they can come.

Case in point -> U.S. unlocked/unbranded variant of 1020 sold through microsoft store was issued Cyan update directly (eventually).

Case in point: I grow old before that's gonna happen.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Internet explorer's synchronization isn't working, so I can't open tabs that are open on my laptop, use bookmarks, recent sites, passwords...

Also Xbox Music isn't working: I only can play music stored on my phone. Not the songs that I've purchased. The app itself shows as "Music".

Games hub isn't working as well: It can't login into my account despite how much I try to.

Finally I can't update Lumia Camera Classic to its 5 version nor download it from the store as it appears as not available for my device, so I haven't been able to test it.

check you time and date.

and what is IE Sync? never new something like this existed. can you please explain it.

klose91

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm running into the same problem. Yesterday I got my new 830 and everything is set up. On my HTC 8S (the old phone that is now replaced by the 830) the sync for IE etc. is working correctly.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Kinda, Microsoft gets approval from the carriers (after the carrier tests the software / firmware) to release the update, then they are served to customers via Microsoft servers.

Oh right sure OK, unlocked not connected to a carrier WON'T get this update. I guarantee it.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Not every handset is supplied by a carrier...

And they rarely get OS ( never) or firmware updates, the unlocked 1020 did get the Cyan firmware but name me one other phone that did get updates that weren't connected to a carrier that sold that phone. Name another please.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
And they rarely get OS ( never) or firmware updates, the unlocked 1020 did get the Cyan firmware but name me one other phone that did get updates that weren't connected to a carrier that sold that phone. Name another please.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...pdate%2Fwp8-software-update%2F&token=uXGtCINu

Every "country variant" listed is an unlocked/unbranded phone that is not associated with a particular carrier. Plenty there to choose from to prove you are wrong ;)

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
check you time and date.

and what is IE Sync? never new something like this existed. can you please explain it.

Both time and date are ok, it's automatically established when the phone is connected to internet.

IE Sync works when you use Internet Explorer on desktop and mobile versions of Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer on your Windows Phone.
Then you'll be able to access to your IE Desktop bookmarks, recent sites, passwords, and even the tabs that you have open in your browser.

That works both ways if you use Internet Explorer in its Metro version for Desktop.

I'm running into the same problem. Yesterday I got my new 830 and everything is set up. On my HTC 8S (the old phone that is now replaced by the 830) the sync for IE etc. is working correctly.

I just have chat with an assistant from the Technical support of Windows Phone and he told me that Microsoft's engineers are aware of this problem and are currently working on a solution for it.
I hope this won't take much time for them.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Update done in Lumia 830 - Portugal - unlocked

Now Windows Phone 8.1 Update
OS version: 8.10.14219.341
Firmware revision number: 02040.00019.14484.24003

Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0
Radio software version: 201c1.00389.0001
Chip SOC version: 8926
Screen resolution: be a better screen than 720x1280
IMS: not registered

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So here is my tip, after the update/once a month you all should do this:

-> all settings
-> battery saver
-> usage
-> "show apps that can run in the background"

Now, click every app that has "allowed" and turn it off, unless you really need that app to run in the background.

Some that usually are ok to be allowed:
- store
- battery sense
- cortana
- audiorecorder (I use one)
- cycle tracks gps (or any other gps program running under lock screen)
- fm radio
- here drive+
- music
- onedrive

And other you might use. But keep in mind, the less running, the better.

klose91

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh my god, syncing the IE bookmarks and passwords seems to be working again, saw all my bookmarks in the browser a minute ago and the tabs opened on the desktop IE. Yes. ^^

LLPO

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
For all if you with the new Denim on your 830s, did it replace Lumia Camera Classic or download Lumia Camera (5) in addition? If so, was it set as the default camera?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
For all if you with the new Denim on your 830s, did it replace Lumia Camera Classic or download Lumia Camera (5) in addition? If so, was it set as the default camera?

I have the 930 . Lumia camera was additional (so I still have classic.
Lumia camera 5 was set as default so if I push the camera button Lumia 5 starts)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro