Full Denim is being released for the 830

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't mean to be arrogant whatsoever, I'm sorry if you got that impression from my post.

And actually I've already made a video tutorial, but it is in Spanish.
I'll try sub it to English ASAP, in the mean time you can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZvJIyO5vuc

I don't think that your really arrogant but those who have these skills OR have learned How To always seem to say "It's Easy" forgetting that they had to learn it at one point. :wink: I'll send you my phone then and you can do it for me. :grin:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't mean to be arrogant whatsoever, I'm sorry if you got that impression from my post.

And actually I've already made a video tutorial, but it is in Spanish.
I'll try sub it to English ASAP, in the mean time you can check it out here:
saying that flashing your L830 with another rom that has the latest Denim features is easy leaves the impression that this is possible on any L830 in any region. I will loose frequencies that are important to me if I do that. I would gain Lumia Camera but I loose LTE on my ATT L830 in the US. That is a big deal for me and not an option. Know the possibilities, but also consider the limitations.

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that your really arrogant but those who have these skills OR have learned How To always seem to say "It's Easy" forgetting that they had to learn it at one point. :wink: I'll send you my phone then and you can do it for me. :grin:

I'd glad to help you with that, will be waiting for you phone here, in Colombia. :grin:

saying that flashing your L830 with another rom that has the latest Denim features is easy leaves the impression that this is possible on any L830 in any region. I will loose frequencies that are important to me if I do that. I would gain Lumia Camera but I loose LTE on my ATT L830 in the US. That is a big deal for me and not an option. Know the possibilities, but also consider the limitations.

That's actually pretty incorrect.
The latest versions of the Nokia Product Tool for Store (the software used to flash the ROM), are capable of check the RM of the ROM you are trying to install and compare it with the RM of your phone, if that doesn't match you can't flash the ROM.
All of that is meant to avoid that kind of issues, making it more safe to use.

I'll try to translate the tutorial so it can help you trough the process and you can enjoy Denim on your 830 :)

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Rooting is not an ultimate solution at least with windows OS as this is quite common in Android. Why do I have to root it, why can't the manufacturer give me whatever he has advertised and promised. Yes with the word mid range "flagship" made me to buy this expensive phone and ofcourse I am unhappy for not having full camera features as I always thought I have spent half of its price for its camera, other wise it is useless.

And this video says it very clear that it is midrange bud not flagship..

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
...if that doesn't match you can't flash the ROM.
I'll try to translate the tutorial so it can help you trough the process and you can enjoy Denim on your 830 :)

great. if it doesn't flash the rom - how does your video help me then?
(PS. I am very familiar with flashing. I've done it many times on my L920).

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Rooting is not an ultimate solution at least with windows OS as this is quite common in Android.

Unfortunately, the process described here to flash the phone has nothing to do with rooting. That would be great and another consideration why somebody wants to do this other than get extra features through a missing firmware update, e.g side-loading of apps, registry tweaks etc. . For W8 this is limited to the Samsung ativ s, while it was more common on W7. A phone flashed with another official rom is still not rooted (unless you use a custom rom).

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
great. if it doesn't flash the rom - how does your video help me then?
(PS. I am very familiar with flashing. I've done it many times on my L920).

Great, if you're that familiar with the process I won't be needing to explain this.
You're just being really picky here and I won't follow your game.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Great, if you're that familiar with the process I won't be needing to explain this.
You're just being really picky here and I won't follow your game.
yes, I am being picky. I am not playing games with you. As I wrote above, your post implies it works for anybody's L830. Knowing that it doesn't work on everybody's L830 is in my opinion important information that is missing and may save people frustration trying to get this to work.
cheers

John Wiskowski

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an RM-985. I installed Preview for Developers and installed all the updates. Netflix is broken (read about in other threads) and Lumia Camera won't load. I am runiing version: 8.10.14219.341

Should I leave Preview for Developer's boxed checked in order to make sure I get the latest "Denim" updates that will enable Lumia Camera and the Netflix bugfix?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an RM-985. I installed Preview for Developers and installed all the updates. Netflix is broken (read about in other threads) and Lumia Camera won't load. I am runiing version: 8.10.14219.341

Should I leave Preview for Developer's boxed checked in order to make sure I get the latest "Denim" updates that will enable Lumia Camera and the Netflix bugfix?
the Denim firmware update is not related to the Preview for Developers, which is for OS preview and updates.
Seeing that you are on ATT-US you are in the same boat as the rest of us on ATT that are still waiting for the Denim firmware update. Since you got the RM-985 you may be able to flash a rom that has the latest Denim update though. See Lebowski's post here.
My personal experience: I flashed my phone (L920) a couple of times with another rom, only to find out that ATT released the updates shortly after. I hope by the end of February we will see the Denim update for our L830 come through. I am already pretty pissed about this.

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys...I got an update for my phone today in India...it seems denim firmware..after the update
lumia camera opens straight and there is a rich capture on/off mode. I took some pics with ON and few with OFF but couldn't notice the difference. I have seen few videos which show that there will be a rich capture edit icon which is missing..am bit confused on this..
Look for the help from members who have got this update already

davforr

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
When you have taken the picture with Rich Capture ..go the picture you have taken and tap in the bottom left corner of the picture ...Edit Rich Capture pops up you will be then shown a few screens with variations of the picture you took
Tap the icon and you can decide yourself which is best one screen has customise where there is a slide to alter to your personal preference
Hope that helps PM me if you need more help

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750