Sideloaded Lumia camera 5.0

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but I side loaded Lumia camera 5.0 to my 830. Basically, I went to the store via the internet, and downloaded it to my phones SD card. It took it a couple of recycles for the phone to find the app and let it load, but I now have camera 5.0 without the latest firmware. It does ask me to upgrade, which I just hit the back button and ignore.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you were able to load it this way, you could've also simply installed it directly from the store. At least you should be able to.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
oh. that's interesting. I can now see it in the store from my phone. full disclosure is that I loaded it on the SD card on last Friday, and it wasn't until today that I could actually install it. i figured it was because I had restarted the phone or something...

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
oh. that's interesting. I can now see it in the store from my phone. full disclosure is that I loaded it on the SD card on last Friday, and it wasn't until today that I could actually install it. i figured it was because I had restarted the phone or something...

No. It's because the app has been made available for your device in the meantime. ;) Same happened for my 1520.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
For some odd reason Lumia 5.0 moved from "this app is not available for your device" to install. Still have to go use back button to make it work. DNG is there or it at least it has the option is settings to enable it, last time I had it that option wasn't there. Video works and records but reframing isn't' working

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the app is available to anyone who wants it now. I think they "flipped the switch" this past week. Just search for it in the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs